1.Arranged

Mridula could not believe that she had agreed to this arranged marriage façade. It was the last thing she expected herself to do.

She is a staunch advocate of marrying for love and definitely not to keep a promise.

But this was the first time her parents had asked for something from her, she couldn't refuse their only wish.

All was not lost, she still had hope. She would convince this man that she is not good enough for him and would get out of this god-forsaken marriage deal.

If the groom refuses, the matter ends right then and there.

These were her thoughts as she was getting ready to meet the Singhs.

Her train of thoughts was broken by a knock at her door. She told the person to come in, she was greeted by the sight of Vrinda, her mother's favorite help. She does all the work word by word as instructed by Vaidehi.

"Rajkumari Sa, Rani Sa wanted me to check if you are ready or not." She said with a respect in her voice.

She got up from the dressing table ottoman and turned around to face Vrinda.
"Tell your Rani Sa that I am ready but would not meet the guests until my little sister arrives."

Vrinda wanted to say something but Mridula used her hand to gesture to stop.
She might have agreed to this but she was still not happy with their decision and she planned to let them know at every given chance.

That was the difference between Leela and Mridula, she had a streak of being a little vindictive. Leela on the other hand was the obedient child, although she was a prankster, that side of hers was long gone. She knew that Leela was busy in the office and might not come to meet the guests but that would keep her parents on their toes.

Soon, she heard a knock at the door and her father walked in. The King of Rajgarh!

"I know that you are not happy with this marriage. I know that it is wrong for us to think that you'll gladly accept this...But give a chance...maybe Digvijay is the one for you!"

Mridula was tired with them trying to convince her. She only needed to convince Digvijay and she'll be free.

"I want something in return, Papa."

Narayan smiled at this request, he knew that if someone asks Mridula for a favor, expect her to ask for something in return. That's why he had thought that she would take over the company after him. But when she was in college, she announced that she wanted to become a lawyer and not join the business. She wanted to help the people by getting them justice.
He had never thought that Leela would take over as the CEO after him because he had always thought that she would focus more on community service.
But his daughters never fail to surprise him. Leela is the CEO of the Chauhan Groups and Mridula is one of the best lawyers in Delhi.

"I want to spend my summer vacation in our Lyons' mansion alone. You handle your wife!"

Narayan knew how Vaidehi was about their daughters' security, convincing her would be difficult but anything to make Mridula agree to meet them.

"Okay! I'll convince your mother but then too don't tell her that you would be alone without your bodyguards...She'll surely kill me if she gets to know."

Mridula laughed seeing how scared her father was by her mother.

"Now, will you meet them?"

Mridula just nodded while smiling at him.