EIGHTH WHAT IF

EIGHTH WHAT IF

"What if matagal ka na pala nyang niloloko?"

~ Grace Jamero Murro

~~~

ERIC'S POV

"Eric. Eric. Gumising ka na't kakain na." Some annoying guy kept on shaking my arm, wanting a death wish.

I grunted and pushed his hand away from my arm before grabbing my comforter and covering my whole body with it. I thought he would finally stop as I felt the bedside getting lighter but nope. This guy really likes to annoy the hell out of me.

He suddenly pulled the comforter away from me and dive to the left side of my bed. "Tara na! Nagwawala na 'yung dragon sa tyan ko. Hindi ka pa ba nagugutom? Masarap din 'yung niluto ni Tita Evelyn. Paniguradong mas lalo ka lang magugutom kaya tara na!"

I got so irritated that I used all my gathered strength to push him off the bed, resulting in a loud bang on the floor. My eyes were still closed so I could only hear his shuffle movements and groans as he kept on complaining about how his back hurts. Serves him right. It was really a mistake letting anyone enter my life.

He thought I wouldn't know. They thought I wouldn't figure it out. Mom and he made a deal about him befriending me in exchange for money. I heard them a few nights ago, talking about it in the garden. That was even before the first Tekken day. That's why I am having a difficult time trusting his words.

But I could never deny the craving I have for a companion, for a friend, for someone other than my family. Maybe that's why I still try to remove the idea that he's fake when acts like that towards me. I just want to have a friend. But then I always remember that I don't deserve to be happy, therefore, I don't deserve real friendship, and that's the only reason why I'm still not kicking this guy out of our house.

"Leave me alone," I grumbled and let myself curl into a comfortable sleeping position. I don't care if I won't have dinner, as long as I end up more miserable than I already am, then it'll be better.

I thought he would listen to me and leave my room, but then I heard him sigh and went back to sitting on the bed. "Kapag hindi ka pa tumayo riyan, dadalhan kita ng pagkain mo rito tapos susubuan kita. Gusto mo ba 'yun? Ha?"

Even when my eyes are closed, I couldn't help but crease my forehead. Just who in the world does he think he is?

"Isa."

I did not listen to him.

"Dalawa,"

I am completely ignoring his existence.

"Tat—"

"Fine. Hell. Just freaking leave." I sat up and frustratedly wiped my face with my hands before glaring at him. "I'll be there, okay? Just leave and stop being annoying." As usual, he answered me with that annoying grin on his face.

"Okie. Basta sumunod ka ha? Kung hindi, alam mo na ang mangyayari." He finally stood up and walked to the door backwards, his eyes not leaving mine.

I growled at his widening, annoying grin, but he only let out an amused chuckle before completely leaving my room. I just sat there and counted one to fifteen to calm myself before reaching for the wheelchair.

I still struggled to properly and quickly sit there but I did it anyway. I was about to wheel my way towards the door when I caught a glimpse of the picture frame placed on the table near the bathroom door.