14

Everything felt heavy.

He felt so tired, so weak.

There was a ringing-No, beeping.

"Eomma, Eomma?"

Taehyun.

That was Taehyun! He was calling for him.

He needed to get to Taehyun.

He needs to WAKE UP.

-

"Nnghaa!"

"Aish, I'm coming Ha-joon-Appas coming." Hyunjin sighed as he dragged himself off the bed and trudged toward the crib across the room.

The little infant sniffled as Hyunjin lifted him from the crib and gently shushed him so he wouldn't wake up anyone else in the house.

Recently Ha-joon had started the cycle of crying during the early morning hours, which lead to Hyunjin having to make bottles at two o'clock every so often. Of course he didn't hold it against the infant. He knew that Ha-joon was just hungry.

No matter how hard he tried to not be bothered by it, he was left exhausted during the day.

"Let's get you a bottle Joonie." He mumbled softly as he sluggishly made his way out of the bedroom and to the kitchen. Ha-joon squirmed in his arms as he plucked a bottle from the cabinet and reached for the formula. Usually Seungmin does bottle preparing for him, but recently he's gotten use to making them himself.

With a sleepy huff, he slowly screwed the top on while gently shushing Ha-joon who was beginning to fuss again.

A loud slam startled him as he turned around to see Seungmin rushing into the kitchen all disheveled, but wide awake none the less.

A frown formed on his face as he furrowed his brows in confusion. "Seungmin? Is something wrong?" He asked as he grabbed the bottle from off the counter.

With a shaky breath Seungmin spoke and in the moment Hyunjin felt himself freeze, the bottle in his hands slipping from his hold and hitting the floor with a little thud as the words sank in

"Jeongin's Awake!"

-

"H-he can't talk?" Hyunjin mumbled as he looked at Dr. Park who sighed. "Unfortunate yes. It's common for patients who come out of comas to not be able to speak, or respond to any sound or pain right away." He admitted as he gave a small nod.

Hyunjin could feel his eyes burn with tears as he ran his fingers through his hair with sigh. He was starting to doubt whether he wanted to see Jeongin right now. It was a horrible thought, but he doesn't really feel like he'll be able to keep himself from a break down if he does.

But, he'd feel worse if he didn't see him now.

"C-can I-?"

Dr. Park nodded and reached over to open the door to the patients room. Hyunjin feels his breath hitch as he takes a step inside and stares at Jeongin.

He's propped up on the bed with pillows supporting his back and blankets still pulled up to his lap, but Hyunjin can tell he's not all there by the way he stares out at the window with a blank expression.

He forces himself to take another step inside, and his heart shatters when Jeongin turns to him.

He can see it in his eyes.

Jeongin doesn't recognize him.

At all.

He doesn't stay in the room longer than a few seconds before he's rushing out and breaking into tears besides the door.