16

"So..he doesn't remember anything?" Felix asked as he glanced over at Jeongin nervously. Hyunjin shook his head with a sigh.

"The doctor said it was only temporary, but it doesn't make it any easier." He murmured, watching as Jeongin huddled in the make shift nest with his little Hyungjoong who was rather content.

For a while now Jeongin had settled in, he and Seungmin have gotten closer and he's been uttering out short words like bottle and pup, but other than that he hasn't made much progress on anything else.

Taehyun isn't at all affected by it, but Hyunjins pretty sure it's just because he's happy to have Jeongin around again, but sometimes he can tell that it's been hard on Taehyun too.

"Well he's definitely gotten adjusted around the pups and that's good." Felix whispered softly, watching with a fond smile as Jeongin purred and gently scented Hyungjoong who squirmed and cooed in delight.

All of them felt as Felix did. Relieved, Hurt, and hopeful.

Clearing his throat Felix stood up and flashed him a small smile. "I think I should probably go. Don't want to leave Changbin with the twins for too long."

"It was nice of you to stop by lix. You should come more often. I'm sure Taehyun misses you." Hyunjin said as he stood up and led Felix to the door. He could feel the sadness radiating off the Omega, but the last thing he wanted to do was comment on it.

The both of them said their farewells and once again Hyunjin was left together with Jeongin and the pups.

With a small sigh he turned back to the living room.

His eyes widening when he turned to the corner to see Jeongin standing there with Hyungjoong in his arms, his head tilted to the side as he walked toward Hyunjin who froze in place. 

What—

A gasp left him as Jeongin leaned forward and rubbed against his scent gland.

He could feel butterflies start to flutter in his stomach as he forced back a smile while the Omega continued to scent him.

Just maybe Jeongin was getting better faster than he thought?

"Alpha?"

"Yes Hyunjin is an Alpha." Seungmin said as he looked over to where Jeongin was staring at Hyunjin, his brows drawn together in confusion as he reached up and brushed the bite mark on his mark.

It was the fourth time that week that he had been trailing behind where ever Hyunjin went. He was starting to get more territorial of the Alpha when someone got to close or when he came back with a different scent of him. It was starting to get to the point where he'd growl if Hyunjin didn't allow him to scent him for long enough to have him completely soaked in Jeongins pheromones.

And that wasn't the only change in Jeongins behavior either.

Lately he was starting to become more conscious of his actions.

In the morning he'd wake up to scent Taehyun before he left for school, and he was starting to take care of both Ha-joon and Hyungjoong without any need for guidance and care.

Slowly but surely he was coming back.

"Alpha." He said again with a small hum that had Hyunjin turning around to look at him. "Do you need something, Jeongin?" He asked softly.

Jeongins face scrunched up, his eyes narrowing on Hyunjin as he turned away and focused on Ha-joon.

Seungmin snorted and Hyunjin sighed as looked back over to Taehyun who was busy painting something at the kitchen table.

For two days now, Jeongin was very obviously avoiding him during the day time. Seungmin said it was because he was upset that Hyunjin hadn't let him scent him after he had smelt another Omega on his clothes, but Hyunjin hadn't even noticed and pushed him away to jump in the shower.

Big mistake on his part.

Of course he had tried everything to apologize, but Jeongin didn't cave in that easily and now he felt like a complete asshole for making the Omega feel bad.

He also wasn't the only one struggling either.

Minho was in a similar predicament after Jisung kicked him out after coming home at midnight and missing yet another important date they had planned two weeks in advance.

So now he was sleeping here on the couch until Jisung accepted his apologies.

It seemed like neither of them could win.

With a sigh Hyunjin finished cutting the vegetables and moved them aside as he reached for the oil.

"Are you done yet?"

"Yes, I'm almost done so stop whini—"

His eyes widened as he dropped the knife onto the counter and whipped his head back around to look at Jeongin who was staring back at him with a hard frown as he held little Ha-joon in his arms.

Everyone was staring at him in shock, all of them sharing a few glances between each other before Hyunjin cleared his throat and spoke up.

"Did you..just—?" He asked in a choked voice as Jeongin narrowed his eyes on him in irritation as he repeated himself.

"Are you done yet?"

"Yeah Appa I'm hungry!" Taehyun exclaimed as he wiped his hands off on his paint stained apron.

Hyunjin felt himself smile as a laugh escaped him and his heart raced in joy.

"Yeah, yeah I'm almost done."

.

"Alpha..stupid Alpha." Jeongin muttered sourly as Hyunjin watched him rearrange his nest for the third time.

The Omega glanced over at him again, before going back to adjust his blankets and pillows while muttering under his breath.

Hyunjin wasn't sure what he did, but Jeongin was clearly agitated over something again.

With a small sigh, he glanced over to check up on Ha-joon and Hyungjoong, the two of them still sound a sleep for now.

Turning back to Jeongin, he watched as the Omega slipped underneath the blankets and cuddled up with his pillow before looking at Hyunjin who quickly turned and strided toward the door.

He should probaby go to bed as well—

"Alpha, Stay."

He froze.

Did...did Jeongin just say that?

Slowly Hyunjin turned to look at the Omega who was sitting up and patting the bed beside him with a hesitant gaze.

"Sleep." He muttered softly.

Hyunjin felt a giddy smile form on his face as his heart raced.

They were definitely making progress.

/Hey guys, sorry I haven't been writing much. I promise to get everything updated as soon as possible!!

Have a good day or night!