Chapter 2

Honestly, I have a vulnerable side to pretty faces even before I came to possess this body. When I came inside this novel with a male lead having this kind of beauty… I think I can root for this novel. Of course, that didn’t mean I wanted to do something with Valdwin.

Take it easy Laila, you’ll die if you do something wrong. You should be close friends with the female lead as close as possible, then stay in the line with the male leads – you can do it, right? Don’t forget that the original Laila died while harassing the female lead.

(T/N: Stay in line means not crossing the line with the male leads)

I vowed to myself once more and hugged Valdwin tightly. This is the result of being a die-hard fan. Valdwin blinked his jewel-like eyes in my arms. He’s so cute that I’m dying.

Contrary to what my heart wants, my body only let off Valdwin when I already smeared a lot of saliva on his cheeks. Phew, am I starting to be like this because I am a baby now? When I released him from my hug, he wobbled and fell backwards with his head first  as he was still young. Uh, uh… this isn’t my fault.

“U, uuwaaaa! Moooooooom!”

“Lala! Did you bully Didi again?”

Didi, Didi!

It seems that mother just coined a new nickname for Valdwin. I even completely forgot that she misunderstood me.

Mom held up the cute and soft cat Didi. How can a nickname like that be given to a cat? In my previous life, I have always dreamed of having a pet cat and that came true now.

“Stop crying Didi. Shhh…. Mom will scold Lala! Hit! Hit!”

Of course, that doesn’t mean that I will leave Valdwin’s side.  Anyway, I have to let him go after the female lead comes so I will just enjoy it to the fullest now.

Actually, Didi’s personality when he grows up will be… uhm, he was more chic and sharp.

Now let me tell you, I had a history of unfinished dozens of novels because Valdwin had completely attacked my taste buds. He was very tasty. In the original novel, Valdwin had the basic qualities of a male lead and practiced proper obsession with the characteristic ‘I’m bad to others but I am only kind to you’.

Readers had a whole stock fight over Einz and the bad-to-others-but-only-kind-to-the-female-lead Valdwin, and even coined a new word for them – EoNam-Win and EoNam-In – anyway, my husband Valdwin, and anyway my husband, Einz. Of course, I am an EoNam-Win – even now that I am inside the novel!

(T/N: The term 어남(eonam) is the abbreviation of 어차피 남편은 that means along the lines of ‘anyway, he’s my husband’, ‘he’s after all my husband’ or ‘he’s my husband either way’. I used romanization because it was too long. Another, the -win and -in in the end were both taken from Valdwin’s and Einz’s name, as you can see. )

My mother let out a deep sigh seeing me wriggling no matter what she said to me.