Chapter 4

I don’t have any intention to stupidly intervening the romantic relationships of the main characters like the original ‘Laila’ did. It wasn’t only important for Valdwin to make the female lead my friend, but for me as well.

Could Einz kill the female lead’s best friend?

And although it is not ‘love’ between Einz and Valdwin, I will become their ‘best friend’ who has a deep ‘friendship’ with them just like an archenemy, then seek my way to live. I will help the female lead, Valdwin and Einz do what they have to do as a supporting character. That would give them enough reason not to kill me, and I have done a favor to Einz.

Great, this would be enough to live a long and healthy life throughout for more than 80 chapters. Now, how to build a friendship with the female lead is important. That opportunity fortunately came soon enough.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Robelia made sure that the children were asleep as she covered them with blankets and went out.

Waiting for her, the Duke asked her with a worried expression, “Are they alright?”

“Yes, Lala and Didi are smart kids so they will be fine. I think it would be better for Didi to be known as a girl in the high society before he grows with his secondary sexual characteristics.”

(T/N: Secondary sexual characteristics for boys is having wide shoulders and deep voice. For women, this is growing their chest.)

Robelia has already made up her mind. It wasn’t that unusual to sponsor a high-ranking child’s study buddy and send him to the academy. Rather, it was better to send him to the academy to be formally taught than to teach him in hiding and be raised by Robelia and Adolf in the mansion.

The Winchester Family originally had produced Sword Masters from generation to generation. Valdwin would obviously be a great knight in the future. Of course, Lorovante’s knights were also excellent; however, it was only natural that the Academy’s classes were better than the knights of a noble family. Especially since Lorovante was a family who held a pen rather than a sword in the first place.

So, even if it was to send Valdwin to the academy, it was better to start working on it from now on. As Valdwin is still young now and dresses up as a girl without using any illusion magic, it doesn’t show even the slightest bit!

Robelia smiled brightly to reassure Adolf.

“I was thinking of a name for him. How about Rudella? So Lala won’t be confused, because she can still call him Didi.”

Adolf hugged Robelia tenderly and kissed her forehead.

“As you wish. But, Robelia.”

“Yes?”

Adolf said seriously, “Can’t we just go inside and see the faces of the kids just once?”

Adolf’s eyes twinkled with anticipation.

“You can’t! You’ll wake them up again! It would be difficult to put Lala to sleep once she was woken up.”

Robelia’s resolute refusal made Adolf’s shoulders completely blown away.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Under the pretext that Laila’s illness was now cured, Robelia and Adolf organized a party. Perhaps the nobles from the capital will attend Robelia’s party. The reason it was a big party was to naturally introduce Laila and Valdwin to the social world.

Before the party started, Robelia secretly called Valdwin without Laila knowing. “Didi, after today you won’t be Valdwin anymore but Rudella. Of course, it won’t be forever but just for a while.”