Chapter 7

Ah, pretty. I think I am falling in love with my mom again.

“I am now able to properly meet the rumored Princess. I said hello last time, do you remember?”

“I heard that your body isn’t that well. Are you alright now?”

“Yes, she’s alright now, right Lala?”

“Yes! Lala isn’t sick at all.”

The ladies burst out an exclamation after I boldly answered their question.

“You resemble the Duchess; you are really cute.”

“That’s right. I am feeling full just by looking at her even without eating.”

Words of well-wishing came and went. My mother seemed relieved that no one was paying Valdwin attention.

“Children should also get along with other children. Would it be alright if I send Lala and Didi away?”

“Of course, Duchess. Adults should also talk with adults.”

The ladies laughed ‘hohoho’ with mysterious expressions on their faces,

Mom took Valdwin and me to the place where the children were gathered.

This is it – really this. Count Roister’s Camilla must have been on the invitation list, so Camila would obviously be here. This is Valdwin’s opportunity – opportunity to establish himself with Camilla before Einz.

“You can take good care of Didi, right Lala?”

“Just trust in Lala!”

Mom’s smile hardened. She then said to Valdwin again, “Didi? Lala will take good care of you.”

Valdwin nodded. Tch, you aren’t really believing in me.

Valdwin and I waved goodbye to my mom and headed towards the other children. The children who were scared at us first like meerkats flocked around us.

“What’s your name?”

“I am Laila, and this is Rudella.”

“Ahh ~ I am Lisa, Laila, and he is Lloyd.”

“I am Damon!”

“I’m Christy!”

The other children also introduced their names without using their last name since I did the same, but they weren’t the ones I am looking for. These children right now are not the ones who will help me make Valdwin the male lead.

Camilla, Camilla… over there!

The novel’s description of Camilla – she was said to be a beautiful woman with red hair like burning fire and mysterious purple eyes. Camilla was the only one who had inherited the red hair rare from the Roister County in the Empire.

If Laila Lorovante was called ‘the white deer’ because of her silver hair that looks like the melted moonlight, then Camilla was called the ‘red fox’. And that Camilla was standing right now near the balcony, looking like someone who straight out of the novel.

While Camilla had a lively personality, the young children were reluctant to befriend her because the Roister County had inherited black magic from generation to generation. It was the adult’s mistake as they thought that black magic was transferable just like how diseases are.

Fortunately, Valdwin was following behind me while holding my hand having no idea about anything. He sensed my gaze at him, and he smiled at me. Our kitty, isn’t your beauty upgrading every passing day…? That’s great, even the female lead will be enchanted faster with this kind of charm.