Chapter 6

“Huh? Hiccup!”

Although I was the one who bumped into Valdwin first, it was the first time in my life that Valdwin kissed me first.

… I am one successful fan.

Valdwin grinned as I stared at him blankly.

“You stopped crying,” Valdwin murmured.

Then my mother burst into laughter as she patted me on my back, “Aigoo, you’re just like cute babies~”

It must have looked cute when two cute little girls were kissing. Laughing at Valdwin and I, Mom stood up with me beside her.

“Uwaaaah!”

“Let’s go wash up, now.”

“Mom, I hate you!”

It was the most rebellious thing I could do now. My mother rubbed my head as I struggled.

“I also really hate you. Come here Didi, I also need to wash your face again.”

My mother sighed as if she was at a loss.

Hehe, I didn’t mean to do that, but it seems like kids this age were like this. Maybe it was because I grew up (here) not having any problems? I don’t even know why I am doing this. Sorry, Mom.

“I love you mom! Heart shoot, shoot, shoot!”

My mother burst into laughter as if she couldn’t do anything about me when she saw me beside her shooting her arrows of heart.

Its true though. I love you so much, Mom – more than the original Laila…. So, you can’t hate me.

(T/N: Must protect this little baby! [bunny holding back cries])

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It has been seven years since Didi and I grew up. Since there was almost only one nanny who could take care of us over the past seven years, it has also been a long time since my mother was reborn as a professional child caregiver despite being a noblewoman.

It took me less than an hour to put on my new dress and get my hair done after Mom washed Didi and me.

“Didi, who are you?”

“Rudella.”

“Great. And what do you call me now?”

“Duchess.” Valdwin replied calmly.

My mother pulled an awry face again as she felt sorry for him again. I would normally cheer up my mother at these times, but I kept my mouth shut today.

“I’m sorry, Didi.” Mother mumbled as if she was about to cry, and kissed Valdwin on his forehead.

Honestly, I don’t really understand my mother’s heart.

My previous life’s adoptive mother treated me with a face full of guilt as I wasn’t a child she gave birth to. When I entered the university… I went to do part-time jobs without receiving a single penny from them, and went to school struggling to receive a scholarship. Because I didn’t have the independence to go out as I shouldn’t be found out, it made it impossible for me to even properly enter the kitchen.

I often stuff my stomach with a triangle kimbap while I was secretly working part-time at a convenience store. What attracted me to this novel above all was the character Robelia Lorovante.

She was a person who always took risks for him that wasn’t her own child, but a friend’s child. That person now is my mother.

I thought about it several times.