Chapter 14

The County of Prussia where Robelia was born, is inherently born with magical powers. Those who inherited the blood of the family will start to develop magical abilities around the age of ten.

Robelia’s power isn’t that strong so all she could give Valdwin was a casting spell, but about Laila…. Wizards will soon be dispatched from the magic tower to measure Laila’s magic. Other people may not know, but Robelia could feel it. Laila, who was extraordinary since she was young, may be able to rise to the rank of an Archmage.

She was scared of the coming winter. When winter is over and spring comes, the children will move to a new world, not Lorovante.

“… Winter is coming.”

Robelia’s voice shook slightly.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It was late afternoon.

Valdwin was the one who woke up first between him and Laila who went to sleep late last night. He blinked his red eyes. Laila’s sleeping figure formed in his bright vision. Her bright silver hair was glittering under the sun. It was like a shower of starlight.

Valdwin held Laila’s hand carefully, “Lala.”

“Hnng….”

She was completely in a deep slumber. She wouldn’t wake up for most of the time. Laila used to sleep so well that no one would even notice her when she’s asleep.

Valdwin left Laila and went out of the bed. Snow was falling silently outside the window. Valdwin, who was holding the Caliburn and doesn’t get cold easily, snow was the weak Laila’s Achilles heel. Valdwin covered Laila with a blanket. He carefully opened the balcony door and stepped on the railing. Looking at the location of the sun, it was time to prepare dinner. The sun had yet to set but he could feel the busy movements of the people. It means that no one was watching Valdwin.

Valdwin dashed up the railing. His tiny and light body soon stepped on the tree in the garden and flew like a butterfly on the wall. His long black hair fluttered in the wind. It wasn’t difficult where the Caliburn crews were. The sharp blade of the sword stood erect and pointed where they were.

“Ah! Young Lord!”

Hiding in the shadows, they knelt as if rolling on the floor. Valdwin had already confirmed that there was no sign of movement around him. He smiled at them. In a soft, warm smile that resembles someone, the crew read his sharp expression like a blade.

“Get ready. I will be moving soon.”

Although his clear voice was still young, the pressure contained in it was indescribable. The members of the Caliburn instantly realized – Valdwin had completely inherited the Caliburn. Their worries because he was too young were all useless.

“Yes, Young Lord.”

They shuddered in Valdwin’s sweet voice.