1

Bokuto pov.

"Are you ready to go comrade?" I asked my best friend (he doesn't know it yet but we are friends) Kenma. As usual he was sitting by the boat playing on his phone. He looked up and glared at me before muttering something about me being too energetic for it only being 6 in the morning. He eventually got up and lugged himself over to the boat. I got on right after him and started it up we had to leave early so we got to the caves at a reasonable time frame so I could be able to have enough time to explore the sea caves.

We needed to head to the caves because my boss, Ukai, tasked me to investigate the rumors about the mermaids that live in the deep sea caves. Apparently, they were aggressive and not to be trusted. There has been reports of seeing people walk into the sea in a complete daze as if they were possessed, and walked into the sea to drown. That was how I lost my best friend Kuroo, I shuddered at the memory.

It took about two and a half hours to get to the caves that had the most sightings of the mermaids. They were quite a bit away from the shore so if anything went bad or if there was a storm it would take to long for someone to come and help. I parked the boat up the closest to the cave that was safe and looked up to Kenma.

"Hey you ready to go?" I asked. He got up to check the gps on the boat to make sure we were in the right spot.

"It looks like there might be a storm later so we need to spend a limited amount of time here. Bokuto I am going to say this once ok so listen to me you can not explore too far ok. I do not have the right certification to come in and get you. Be careful." I just looked at him shocked.

"aww I knew you cared, but in all seriousness, I will be careful and I will try to limit my time so we don't get stuck in the storm how does two hours sound?" he just nodded and started grabbing most of my gear I helped him of course because I am nice like that.

I got all my gear on and was double checking everything was in the right place and functioning. Everything looked good and Kenma gave me a thumbs up telling me I could go anytime. Taking a deep breath, I fell off the side of the boat and fully submerged myself. What I saw was beautiful.