14

Kenma's pov 

I was pretty tense and anxious the whole ride home. I could only think about if I should meet the merman tonight or if I should just stop talking to him. I now he others would be mad if they found out I was meeting up with him without anyone there to make sure I was ok but at the same time I don't want to tell them. They most likely would try to scare him away and I don't want that. Sigh, what am I going to do. 

The house was dead quiet so everyone was probably sleeping already or were falling asleep, so I decided to wait an hour just to be sure they are asleep until I did anything. 'Should I really talk to him? Its pretty late I doubt he would even be up. I just dot know what to do...' As I was laying in bed thinking I heard a bit of rustling coming from downstairs. 'What is that' I asked myself getting up and peeking sown the hall where the stars were to try to see if I could see anyone walking down there. After I didn't see anything I looked into their room to see that both of them were in their bed sleeping. 'Was I just hearing things?' I thought to myself. 

That was when I heard it again coming from the kitchen this time, so I did what anyone with a couple loose screws would do and walked down there. Of course I had Iwa's bat with me. It was one of those bats with nails sticking out of it. Great for killing zombies with. While I was walking down the stairs armed I heard the person moving around in the kitchen again. It sounded like they were looking for something by the way paper we being moved around. But what were they looking for? At this point I was at the bottom of the stairs and started peeking around the wall to see who it what it was. I saw a dark haired male standing there. He looked tall and muscular and not going to lie kind of intimidating. 'Omg who is this fool. Does he know Iwa? I could have sworn that we looked the doors before going to bed. As I was thinking he was slowly turning around and looking in my direction. I had just barely sucked my head back against the wall and out of sight again when I heard his footsteps. 'What does he want?'

'Alright I could swing at him but what if he was Iwa's friend. I mean Iwa would habe told us if so.done was stopping by right?' I could hear the footsteps getting closer and swung once he was close enough to hit. Just then the lights from the stairs came on and I felt the bat stop abruptly. Turning to look towards.the person I thought I hit with the bat, I saw that he was holding onto the bat nearly being hit on his head. "Woah what's going on down here?" Came the tired voice of Iwa. Before I even got the chance to speak mystery guy beat me to it. 

"I don't know but your friend here just tried to doink me with your bat." Mysterio said sounding a bit startled. I just stared at them not moving. 

"Sorry about that Daichi, I didn't know you were coming by, Sid you need something?" Iwa asked. After hearing the Iwa knew this person I dropped the bat and continued to stare at Daichi. 

"Oh, actually yeah I just came by to grab the charger I left here yesterday. I didn't know that you were back in the house so I just used my key to get in. Sorry about that." He said looking sown a bit embarrassed.

"Ah, that's fine. I was just surprised to see Kenma holding a bat at your head." Iwa replied. 

"Well, ill get going then sorry for the intrusion. I didn't know if you were going to be back at your home tonight and tried texting you but I guess you were asleep or something so I didn't get an answer." I looked at the time realizing it was 2 a.m.

"Why are you here so early?" I asked a bit suspicious of him. 

"I just finished my patrol and got home and realized I had left my phone charger here yesterday. I was watching the house for Iwa over there, so I decided to just pop by and grab it. I'm Daichi Sawamura by the way, what's your name?" He asked holding his hand out to shake mine.

"I'm Kenma Kozume." I replied hesitantly shaking his hand.

"It was.nice meeting you Kenma but I should go home now. I have work in the morning." He said quickly leaving the house saying goodnight to Iwa.

"Well I'm going to bed too, as you should, we have an early day tomorrow, something about Ukai wanting a report." He said while yawning. I missed following him up the stairs and into my room. I laid in bed trying to get some sleep but couldn't. Getting up something caught my eye, it was the shell the merman gave to me. 

"Hey are you up?" I asked in a whisper not expecting an answer.

"Yeah kitten what are you doing up?" He asked in a deep gravely voice that sent shivers up my spine. 

"U-uh sorry, I just couldn't sleep." I responded blushing a bit.

"Hmm... Why can't you sleep?" He asked sounding like he was about to fall asleep himself.

"I don't know my brain I just thinking too much I guess." I yawned at the end. Hearing his voice just mad me feel so safe and relaxed it was King's of weird. He hummed in thought before he told me to Amy down and close !y eyes. I did as told and not long after heard him start singing a gentle lullaby. I don't think I ha e ever heard this one before but it was very calming and relaxing. 

As he kept singing I slowly drifted off into sleep while mumbling a good night and thank you. He just said "sleep kitten" and just like that I was out like a light. A slight smile gracing my lips. 

1046 words