22

Heading towards Ukai's office I was a little unsettled, Ukai never requested us unless it was urgent. What did he need, did he tell the scientists about the mermen? He wouldn't do that right?

Once we got there I saw that he was on the phone with someone, when he saw us he waved us in and motioned for us to sit down.

After he finished the phone call he just looked at us for a minute with his hands crossed infront of him.

"Wh-" I tried to ask but he held his hand out in a shushing gesture and I immediately stopped talking. The dore burst open and a kid that looked around at most 15 walked through the door.

"Sorry sorry I'm late, the line for the vending machine was insane, you should have seen it. Also why did I have to grab so many popsicles are you going to eat the all..." He trailed off looking at us. "Oh uh hi, I'm Nishinoya Yuu but you can just call me noya, who might you guys be?" He asked looking at us. He walked up to Ukai's desk and set what had to be 6 popsicles down infront of Ukai.

"This is my suba team, the leader is that owl looking kid, his name is bokuto, the blonde one is kenma and he is the brain of their operation, and that intimidating looking fellow over there is Iwaizumi. He decided to help us after bokuto asked him to." Ukai said pointing at all of us. "I don't know who that other fellow is but he's probably part of the mission too." Ukai added while looking at Daichi.

"I'm Daichi Sawamura, one of bokuto's friends I was tagging along with them today when you called them so here I am." Daichi said looking down, rubbing the back of his neck. I guess that's a nervous tick of his.

"Ah that makes sense." Ukai said smiling fondly at him.

"Why is noya here tho, is he like your kid or something?" Kenma asked. Ukai and noya laughed at that.

"I'll have you guys know that I'm 21 years old alright, and no I'm Ukai's new intern so he's going to be showing me all of the tips and tricks to running a business like this." Noya said laughing a bit. We just looked at him in shock, how is he 21 , there is no way!! He looks so young.

"Yep, everything noya just said is true, I called you guys here so you could give him the report. Oh also cleared him about the mermen that you guys found, so he knows not to talk about that with anyone." Ukai said "so what have you guys found?" He asked.

"Well changed really, Daichi over here got attacked by a merman named suga, but they resolved that so that why he was with us today. And today-"

"Wait wait you got ATTACKED?! Are you ok, why didn't I hear about this sooner?!" Ukai yelled shocked.

"Well I wanted to figure out what was going on before I told you anything, it was truly a misunderstanding of both parties involved. Suga, who is the merman, and Daichi we're pulled together by the sea or something like that, and when Daichi touched his tail he freaked out and trying to get away, but they talked about it and neither of them hold grudges." I said quickly trying to defusse the situation.

"Woahhh... you actually met the mermaids, do they communicate with you, how often do you see them?!" Noya yelled in awe.

"Well today I learned that sakusa, who is one of the first mermen we met, is a mage and he can make potions and cast spells and things. He cast this spell that alerts him of newcomers that enter their territory, and tells him exactly where they are. That's how they found us that first day. Also they talk to us a lot and I've learned a lot about them. Sakusa made this potion that tsumu gave to me and I could talk and breathe underwater, he said that they wanted to show us around their kingdom and castle. We meet up with them basically everyday, whenever we go to that cave they always seem to be there. If not we just wait til they come." I informed Noya, Ukai looked interested too.

"Ohmygosh, can I come with you pretty please?" He asked jumping around the place and doing a handstand on Ukai's shoulders.

"Yeah guys would you feel comfortable bring noya here with you guys next time you head out, I feel like this is the perfect experience for him to be a part of. Obviously if you guys or your new friends don't feel comfortable that fine, but please consider it and ask them." Ukai said looking at us.

I looked toward iwa and kenma, and they just shrugged. "Yeah I'll also akaashi about it tomorrow, atsumu said it'd take a couple of days for sakusa to make more potion so I'll ask tomorrow and report back to you." I said. Noya looked super excited, like he was about to burst or something with how wide his smile was.

"Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Oh my goodness this is going to be awesome!!" Noya shreiked. Ukai just looked like a happy dad.

"I would like to come with you guys too, if they'll let me, if not that is fine with me." Ukai added after noya settled down a bit.

"I'll ask hopefully they say yes, but I don't know for sure, they might want to meet you guys first to see if you're trustworthy if you would be up to it. I'll ask tomorrow tho and as I said I'll tell you guys what they say tomorrow when we get back to the house." I said while standing up. We bid each other goodbye, with noya jumping on all of us hugging us and thanking us over and over. I could tell kenma was overwhelmed by noyas personality but I liked the kid and his enthusiasm, he reminded me of myself.

I'm excited to talk to the others about this.