10

Bokuto's pov

We all met up in the kitchen the next morning needing a cup of coffee to start the day. We were down there for about 30 mins until kenma spoke.

"we should stay at iwa's house for the remainder of the mermaid hunting trip." He said looking up at us.

"why tho your house is bigger than mine so we could just keep coming here." Iwa said

"your house is by the water literally facing the water that we are going into every day, it wou;d more convenient to just stay there for a bit."

"fair point I guess that could work" iwa said starting to get up from the table to waah his mug. "If we are going out today we should probably get ready shortly" he said while walking up to my room. I finished my coffee and started to put my wet suit on when I remembered the shell. Picking it up I told akaashi that we would be there in a bit once everyone was ready. I couldn't tell if he heard me or not but I was hoping he did.

Packing up a picnic lunch and all of the equipment we needed we headed out towards the cave. I had reminded iwa to bring his shell and to tell oikawa we were on the way. Approaching the cave we made sure to tell them that we were at the cave right now.

"nice to see you again bokuto-san." I looked around until I found the beautiful face of akaashi looking up at me from the water. I looked to his right to see oikawa and when I looked around him for sakusa I saw a red tail go under the boat.

"hey who was that?" I asked pointing to the spot I saw the tail last.

"hmm... I don't know what you are talking about." Akaashi said straight faced.

"it looked like a red tail, do you know anyone who has a red tail?" I asked. In the corner of my eyes I saw kenma freeze and look at me and to where I was pointing. He went back to setting up his game but he looked stiff and uncomfortable.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Are you feeling ok bokuto-san?" akaashi asked looking at me with a hint of concern on his bored expression. Was I seeing things because I clearly saw I tail slip underneath the boat. Looking around the water by the boat one more time I just decided I was crazy and left it at that.

"yep all good. Sorry if I worried you." I replied. He looked at me for a little bit before nodding and swimming down to I assume was the cave. "welp lets get going." I told iwa. We doubled checked everything before diving into the water once again.

We swam down to the cave but not before I looked up at the bottom of the boat just to make sure I was only seeing things. My eyes widened when I saw a red blob swimming around the boat as if it was taunting kenma. I looked at akaashi and tried to figure out who that was. Was it a friend or was kenma in trouble?

I decided to take matters into my own hands and separated from the group to get a closer look at whoever was under the boat. I was getting super close as I realized it was a him and he had crazy black hair. It looked like he just rolled out of bed. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't remember where I had seen that hair before but it looked so familiar, like I had seen it all my life. Right as I was about to be close enough away to make out facial features I felt arms snake around my waist and kept me still. I tried to look at who was grabbing me but I couldn't move from how hard they were holding me.

"where are you sneaking off to hmm..." I knew that voice, that was akaashis voice. I instantly calmed down and stopped trying to break out of his hold.

"S-sorry but there is someone at the boat with kenma and I just wanted to make sure he will be ok." I said as I felt his grip around me tighten.

"your friend is perfectly safe no one will harm him so lets go meet up with the others yeah?" he asked to which I nodded and followed him back down to the cave where oikawa and iwa were already there waiting for us.

770 words