8.

Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come? Let us choose one another as companions! Let us sit at each other's feet! Inwardly we have many harmonies – think not, that we are only what we see.

                          ***

Snuggling up in someone's arms and falling asleep is one of the best feelings in the world. You fall asleep fast and sleep easy. Even better than falling asleep beside someone is the feeling of waking up next to them too. That feeling of safety, security, and love is unmatchable.

It was 4:10am when Shehnaaz opened her eyes. She could feel Sidharth spooning her from behind. His chin above her head and legs sprawled over her waist and arms around her chest and neck, sans the sheet which would usually cover her up even in mid of summer. She did not miss that today morning as he was playing its part completely covering her up from behind.

With a smile on her face, she gave a peck on his arms and tried to turn her face to see his face. He flinched and clattered his teeth bringing her closer to him in a tight grip.

She tried to loosen his grip and make a space for her to sneak out for her morning call when he muttered in a heavy voice, "So jaa"

"Bathroom jana hain" she whispered turning towards him to have a glimpse.

His grip loosened and turned on his side stretching in his stomach taking the whole bed. She was quick to get out of bed figuring his comfortable position to sleep. She wondered when did he come and sleep with her at night! With that thought she hastened her steps to the restroom and quickly completed her morning routine. Freshly showered she gave a glance to the clock, 4:50... She gave a knock at Karou's door. He was quick to open the door and gave her a nod.

She arranged the harmonium and some warm water beside her on the living room floor above a mat and started her voice training. Even with the door completely shut Sidharth could hear her sweet voice, giving a soft smile even while sleeping. Though her absence woke him up from a deep sleep, her voice was again drifting him back to a deep slumber.

Karou and Shehnaaz took extra time for their riyaz today, almost two hours to be precise! It had been a few days since they had missed their join voice training session. Today was also audition day for them both for a big music company searching new lead singers for a big budget movie by a renowned movie director.

Sidharth around 6am joined them both and laid down on the couch watching them both signing the alaap and alankars. Shehnaaz in harmonium and Karou in a digital device which played like Tabla and sometimes like a Tanpura.

He could see how dedicated they were to their practice session. The hard work that they displayed motivated him as well. He too planned his schedule to sync with hers - gym, auditions, shows, whatever comes his way he decided to play along without any complaints and tantrums. He pinged a message to Kaushik with that thought.

Shehnaaz ignored his presence throughout. From the corner of her eyes, she could see his movement and she knew he was enjoying the session. His relaxed posture, closed eyes, tapping of fingers and subconsciously jiggling of legs proved his concentration. Karou on the other hand was giving him all his admiration. He was playing his part of a proper host, asking him for tea in between his riyaz, while Shehnaaz giving him an angry look.

"Tappad khayega tu kuttey... tameez se bait jaa"

"Kya hain Naaz... ho gaya na aaj ka... bas... do gantey se kar rahe hain practice. Bhook lagi hain ab. Chai bana raha huin main, tu kuch breakfast bana de yaar! Sid you wanna have tea or coffee?" wrapping up the device neatly, Karou asked.