11.

Fret not where the road will take you. Instead concentrate on the first step. That's the hardest part and that's what you are responsible for. Once you take that step let everything do what it naturally does, and the rest will follow. Do not go with the flow. Be the flow.

***

"Badey nek log hain! Baba ji ki meher thi jo humey uss toofani raat main ladkey ko bhej kar hamari help kari. Aur tujhe pata hain Pammi, itney simple log hain. Koi nahi kahega yeh ladka hero shero hain, matlab hatta katta hain bilkul pehlawanoo ki tarah, par ghar main bilkul apney jaisa. Bada changa naujawan hain. Bahut pareshan rehta hain humari Gudiya ko leke." Santhosh was in the guest room talking to his wife. The rain had stopped just a few minutes back and he could hear a horn and a few noises from the open window.

"Kripa hain rab ji ki. Bas sab teek rehey ab. Main khush huin Shehnaaz ko Sidharth jaisa saathi mila"

"Itni jaldi conclusion main mat aa. Teek hain dono main dosti hain par saathi waathi sab mat bol. Yeh sirf abhi naya naya attraction hain. Shehnaaz bachpan se isko apna favorite hero bolthi hain... uskey kamre main sirf issi kai posters hotey the. Toh ho sakta hain bas ek Moh ho... I am happy ki Shehnaaz is moving on from her past but aise kissi pe vishvaas nahi kar sakthey na! They are in a very initial stage right now. Tu nahi samjegi..."

"Chadho ji aap bhi na kuch jayda hi sochtey ho. Apna business mind sab jagah mat lagaya karo!"

"Doodh ka jala, chhaachh bhi phook phook kar peeta hai, Pammoo! Saalo baad humari Shehnaaz hume wapis mili hain. Doobara nahi dekh sakta ussey bikarthey huye aur mujhse dur jate huye!" he said concerned.

"Wahin toh main bhi bol rahi huin. Badey din baad humari beti hume mili hain, kyun? Sidharth ki wajah se! Woh khush hain ji. Uski aankhon ki chamak aur chehre ka noor wapas aa gaya"

"I hope it stays that way and for that I must be sure, that he is the right one. Tu yeh sab chod... I want to meet my Gudiya now. Baba se dua kar jaldi se yah badal hatte aur main ussey apne gale se laga pau!"

Rita maa who was passing by caught him talking on the phone and the idea of who they were talking about. She did not know much about Shehnaaz' s past and did not want to ask about the same to her. She did hope for her son's happiness as he was at peace and had been his best since a few days. She had confidence that whatever he wanted to find out about Sidharth being the best for his daughter, would be achieved.

She could hear Sidharth yelling in his top voice to Preeti. The same usual banter she thought but on contrary was something else.

"Mom, can you believe this! Shradha is still in that boy's house! Like really!! How irresponsible you can be P?" His concern always showed up with anger which always increased his vocal tone.

"Sid, behave we have guest in home... and yes, I know where Shradha is. She is safe there in Neel's house. Preeti has already talked to his parents. Just like her, the other 4 of her friends are also there as they could not come back due to rain and today school is closed as well. His father has promised to drop everyone once the water settles down in the road."

"I am going now to bring her in!" He walked up towards the shoe rack to wear in a rush.

"You need to relax, ok!" Preeti di insisted.

"I can't" he grabbed the bike keys and helmet and rushed out of the door.

"He is mad or what? Unbelievable!" Preeti di exasperated.

"You know him no Baba, he is like this only. Overprotective and caring for his loved ones. Just let it be... he won't listen to anyone if he has made up his mind." Mom explained chopping the vegetables in the table.