23.

Connections don't care about the laws of the land. Your soul will be pulled to the place it belongs. It transforms. God bless that broken road that leads straight to the soul... they say, "The soulmate," a poem that is read over and over again, memorizing each word, lingering over the favorite parts... Knowing it would never be fully grasped. A calm chaos mind filled with reflection of the soul where you wanted to find yourself and you did when you found that soul.

***

Pammi and Santhosh couldn't take their eyes off their princess.

She wore a vibrant multi-colored lehenga with a blend of refined embroidery and orange dupatta with a red border which only shouted perfection.

Pammi had got some of her marriage jewelry, Choora and Kaleere in hurry before they took the flight. This was an essential part of their marriage tradition, and she was adamant that she was not going to compromise on that. When Rita gave this sudden news, she was left in shock. It was her husband who calmed them both and was very happy to hear the news. He took care of logistics and finance while Pammi packed whatever was essential for making this hurried ceremony gracious.

She was decked up in a very simple makeup and jewelry. The big picturesque nath and maangtika was popping out Shehnaaz's perfect ensemble. She looked like a perfect Punjabi bride. She was enthusiastic, thrilled and no questions fogged her brain. She was happy and her face naturally blushed her cheeks. She was just eager to see her groom in wedding costume.

It was about time when they were called for the time slot given for the marriage.

"Chal puttar aaja" Pammi asked Shehnaaz to stand.

"Mumma... ek baar daadi naal gal kara do. Unko na video call karo aur dikhao" she requested.

"Hayee... tu na chinta na kari. Shehbaaz sab dekh raha hain. Warna maar dalna hain dadi ne teri. Tu aaja... aur thodi bahut sarma varma le... aise guppe lada rahi jaise kissi aur ki shaadi main aayi ho kudi. Bol Swapna tu.. aur tum dono tyaar ho gayi?" she asked Shradda and Suchi who were still just few minutes ago fighting for the same hair clip.

"Chalo sab..." She got up and adjusted her nose ring and continued, "main Mrs. Sharma banney wali huin, main kyun sarmaoo? Hehehe.. hain na Sharadha!" Hi-fiving her she giggled loudly bending down.

"Yaar Naaz tera makeup karab ho jayega, itna mat has!" Swapna scolded.

"Yeh dekho yahan meri surprise shaadi ho rahi hain aur yeh makeup ki headmistress mujhe dant rahi hain. Par sachi kya makeup kiya mera.. Mast bilkul sexy types... I love it."

Pammi looked at her daughter, she was herself after so many years! The flamboyant, chirpy, coaxing, tantalizing people around her and happy. Her thoughts were broken when she heard her son yelling. She hurried and placed the kohl from her eyes to Shehnaaz' s back side of the ear.

"Mumma" Shehnaaz gave a hug to her mom.

"Jaldi chal... warna tera hero aa jayega yahan tujhe lene!" Swapna pitched in giggling with other girls.

Shradha and Suchi were admiring her and walking with her outside. "It will be weird to call you mami, after calling you Di!" Shradha said.

"Call me whatever you want, meri cutie." Shehnaaz said pinching her cheeks.

Shehnaaz and group came out and everything blurred around her. There he was standing, so tall, handsome, with almost similar Sherwani, a multicolored one just like hers and an orange turban! Her mouth gaped at seeing him. She quickly walked towards him leaving the group accompanying her behind but slowed when the priest asked her to slow down.