13.

The quest for love changes us. There is no seeker among those who search for love who has not matured on the way. The moment you start looking for love, you start to change within and without.

***

Sidharth slumped back on the couch and ran his fingers in his thick black mane. He knew in a spit of a moment he said those words out and there is no way he can take those back. He neither had intentions to do so. He was rather glad, he disclosed what was in his heart, as one day or the other he had to face her family, so it better be early, rather than delay it further. He knew whatever he declared could seem derogatory and unpleasant to her father, but he could no longer stay away from her. He wants her beside him all the time and he will do whatever possible to make that happen.

"Uhm... Shehnaaz, I think we should leave" clearing the throat Santhosh held her wrist and stood up to go towards the guest room.

"Mr. Ahlu... I mean uncle, please don't get me wrong" Sidharth stood up too, walking behind them.

Shehnaaz stopped him looking behind with her palms facing him and wobbled her head gesturing him to not talk anymore. He shrugged and breathed out in disappointment.

"You messed it up. I don't know when you will learn to control your mouth!" mom spoke from behind him.

"I know" he huffed and sat back on the couch.

"You have made things difficult for Shehnaaz now..."

"I know" he pressed his hurting temples.

"Have you even talked to her before making any decisions on her behalf? Pata nain tujhe kya ho jata hain jab Shehnaaz ki baat hoti hain toh. You just behave crazy! All your logical thinking that works for your sisters, me and nieces, doesn't work on her case!" she went on with her scolding.

"Mom, please can you stop?" he requested.

"I thought you were giving good impression to him... par kahan.... saare kiye karaye pe paani pher diya mere honhar bete ne! Kya sochenge woh tere baare main Sidharth. First your anger then this... the impatience that you have especially when it is about Shehnaaz! There in Kailash me and your maasi understood your vulnerability, when you suddenly shocked us with this demand for her to stay with you... but here you asked from her dad, Sidharth! Tu janta bhi hain how he would feel!"

"I know, I know, I know... Kya karu main... ab ho gayi galti! Your constant nagging won't change anything right?" he groaned back in frustration.

But she didn't stop there, "You can change it! Not this but at least in the future. Be patient with her Sidharth, give her time, listen to her as well. Ask her opinion rather than throwing your ideas to her. It's just been, what... a month that you know each other? You might know each other well but you can't expect that with her family, beta!"

He couldn't argue with her because he knew she was right. She is always right!

"You know what, tu gym jata hain apni body banane. Ab se tu mere saath aashram chalega... You need to train your mind as well and I think meditation will help you." She announced.

"Yeh kya hain mom! No way!! I am not going anywhere there..."

"Tuj se pooch nahi rahi huin, bol rahi huin. Get up early, aur waise bhi aaj kal tu jaldi utt hi jata hain. Make time for gym and then 7-8am mere saath aashram jayega tu daily for meditation. It's final." She enforced, walking away to her room giving no place for further discussion.

Now he knows where he inherited the imposing nature from! He switched on the television and put on some random sports channel and absorbed in it to stop further dwell on his doing.