20.

For despite what some people say, love is not always a sweet feeling. In many ways the twenty-first century is not that different from the thirteenth century. Both will be recorded in history as times of unprecedented religious clashes, cultural misunderstandings, and a general sense of insecurity and fear of the Other. At times like these, the need for love is greater than ever. Because love is the very essence and purpose of life. It hits everybody, including those who shun love – even those who use the word "romantic" as a sign of disapproval. Real filth is the one inside. The rest simply washes off. There is only one type of dirt that cannot be cleansed with pure waters, and that is the stain of vicious thoughts contaminating the soul. You can purify your body through abstinence and fasting, but only love will purify your heart.

***

"Tu char din se yahin pe hain, mere paas, chipki hui"

"Kyun koi problem hain? Should I go?"

"How come?"

"Don't you think you are doing too much now!"

"I am not doing anything baby! Four days of celibacy, man!" he huffed giving a peck on her forehead.

"It's going to extend for 2 months" she giggled, hugging him tighter.

Clock past midnight ticking. The bedroom was dark. Both clinging to each other tightly in the bed.

"Mat bol, mat bol, mat bol... moti" he held her tighter against him.

She could barely breathe, her face in his chest, his legs, and arms around her. She didn't mind though. She felt at peace in this position.

"I am liking it" she said with a small smile and closed eyes, breathing in his scent, after a long pause.

He understood what she implied, "That's why telling you, move in."

"Hmm" she was drowsy, and warmth of his body was making her sleepy.

"Listen."

"Hmm..."

He turned her face away from his chest, to grab her attention. He couldn't help but smile at her appearance. Disturbed eyebrows, closed eyes, pouted pink lips, red cheeks, messy hair, cream camisole so low that he could see her ample chest out. She looked like nothing but a piece of art. He pecked those tempting lips and shook her a bit.

"Kya hain?" Opening her eyes, she shouted.

"Listen, we will shift your stuff here before I leave this weekend. We just have two days. Stay here with mom. I will be tension free for both of you."

"Ya ok... now sleep." She whispered and turned to her side still in his arms.

"Bas... itni jaldi maan gayi! Wow" he spooned her sleeping body, sleep nowhere in his eyes excited of her being in his home, moving in with him. He clasped her boobs tight, bringing her closer, gave a peck in her neck, sniffed her hair, and mumbled, "Goodnight baby."

He felt fully recovered after being sick. Next day, as planned they went to Shehnaaz' s place and shifted everything. It took them almost the whole day with the help of Karou and Nandu. She didn't have many items but her musical instruments were fragile and occupied most of the space.

"Beta tu na yeh sab doosre guest room main rakh de" mom directed Shehnaaz and Karou who had the harmonium and keyboard in their hands. Sidharth behind them was carrying a guitar and other instruments.

"Mom, she has more of these things than clothes!" he commented breathing hard.

"Sid, don't strain much. Abhi toh teek hua hain. Tu rest kar. Nandu yeh leke guest room main rakh de." Mom instructed Nandu and gave water to Sidharth.