Chapter 15: Long needed break

Chapter 15 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard!

"Aichi was found?...."

The brunette asked with unease, fearing that his dream was about to become reality.

"Yeah, a police officer found Aichi running away from something"

The blond replied with a small grin, allowing the brunette to let out a sigh of relief.

"Good..... Where is he now?"

Grey pools looked away from jades and instead focused upon the ground.

"He's in the hospital, it seems that Aichi fainted as soon he made contact with the police officer.... He had many injuries...."

The brunette pursed his lip, he hadn't been able to protect the blue haired boy from harm.

"Thanks.... Do you think Aichi is able to take visitors today?"

The blond shrugged slightly.

"I think, though I think Aichi may still be asleep..."

"Doesn't matter"

The brunette replied as he went to put on his shoes, before heading out the door. Miwa sighed and shook his head before following the brunette with a smile.

"Do you know what room Aichi is in?"

The blond asked after the two had been walking for a while throughout the streets.

"That's what you're for"

The brunette replied quickly, intent on getting to Aichi's side as soon as he could.

"I see, and here I thought you were glad to see me"

"Tch.... Anyway, how did you find out?"

"I overheard one of the police officers talking"

The brunette nodded, accepting the blond's response.

The two teens walked for a while until they came upon the hospital, the brunette let the blond lead the way through the hospital.

"This is the place"

Miwa announced as he did odd arm gestures towards a door, as if he were a performer revealing a trick.

"Thanks....."

Kai whispered as he gently pushed the door open, the scene was terribly familiar to him as he walked up to the white blanketed hospital where the blue haired boy laid.

Nervous fingers trembled as the brunette gently traced the marks upon the boy's wrists, he could easily tell that the younger boy had been restrained in some way. guilt drilled into him as he continued to watch the younger's sleeping form, he wished that he had walked Aichi home that day instead of letting him go himself.

One relief was that there were no heart monitors or even a breathing mask on the smaller boy, meaning that his life wasn't even close to being in danger, the only thing hooked up to the boy was a standard IV.

"I'm finally by your side Aichi..... I'm sorry I was of no help..."

The brunette whispered softly as he ran his hand gently upon the smaller boy's cheek before clasping the younger's hands within his own and laying his head on the hospital bed, praying for the boy to wake up soon.

After a while the brunette felt a few fingers twitch, instantly he stood up so that he was looking at the sleeping bobod face. Sapphires filled with alarm shot open and the brunette was flung away from him as the smaller boy scurried to get up, accidentally ripping the IV out of his wrist in the process.

Jades gazed with surprise into sapphires for a few seconds before the brunette sprang up from the ground and enveloped the boy within his arms.

"K-Kai....?"

Aichi whispered softly, his voice cracking ever so slightly.

"Yes it's me Aichi"

The brunette murmured as he nuzzled his head into the crook of the smaller's neck, taking in the boy's familiar scent as faint as it was.

"I'm sorry for pushing you just now....."

The younger murmured softly, feeling slightly guilty for hitting the brunette.

"It's fine Aichi, I'm just glad that you're okay now"

The brunette whispered softly as he ruffled soft blue locks.

"How long was I gone?"

Jades looked at the younger in confusion, Kai wondered why the smaller would ask such a question to him.

"A few days"

"I see..... all that happened in only a few days......"

The blue haired boy murmured half to himself, causing the brunette to slightly cock his head to the side for he was curious as to what Aichi's words meant.

"What do you mean?"

"N-nothing"

A thin frown enveloped upon the brunette's face, it was very clear to him that the younger boy was lying.

"Aichi...... What did they do to you?......"

Sapphires darkened as the boy lowered his head so that blue locks now covered them.

"........... Do you know if I'd be able to go home soon?"

The brunette sighed with slight annoyance as how his question was dodged, he guessed that whatever happened was horrible for the boy and that he maybe just needed some time to think.

"I don't know, I haven't really spoken with a doctor yet"

The younger nodded his head in understanding before narrowing when he noticed the trail of blood coming from his wrist.

"..... I'm just no good with a IV am I?....."

The boy sighed as he wiped up the blood with a tissue from a nearby tissue box.

"I'd prefer that you never grow accustomed enough to a IV that you'd actually grow used to having one in you"

The younger boy blushed a slight shade of pink as a blond doctor walked into the room, one that he remembered quite well.

"Dr Shinko!"

Aichi called with a smile, which was returned with a kind smile from the doctor.

"It's nice to see you Aichi, though I'd rather it be under different circumstances......"

The brunette silently agreed with the doctor, whom he owed a great deal to for bringing back the blue haired boy's sight.

"You're Aichi's doctor again?"

Shinko nodded in response to the brunette's question as he rubbed his head while examining Aichi's bleeding wrist.

"Yeah, I've taken a liking to him..... Though his skill with a IV truly needs some work...."

The younger laughed lightly at the doctor's comment.

"We were just talking about that as you came in"

"Hmm Aichi..... You can feel pain, no?"

Sapphires looked at the doctor then at the injured wrist.

"Yeah.... I don't know why though....."

Me: that's the end of the chappy

Aichi: you like reusing your OC

Me: yep~ it's fun

Aichi: it's nice seeing a familiar face

Me: so true~ anyway hope ya guys enjoyed le chappy~