Chapter 24: Despair

Chapter 24 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard~

Aichi sighed softly as he sat down on a smooth flat rock that was in the shade of a tree, he was in a different park than the one he knew Kai liked to spend his days. The sun was shining bright, just strong enough to not feel too warm and a cool breeze prevented the air from feeling dry or stale.

Normally it would have been the ideal day for the young boy, however that wasn't the case with today. He stretched his arms before crossing them behind his head and laying down. He didn't have much to do, besides leaving the brunette so he decided to relax and put off what he wanted to do.

Meanwhile, the brunette had just left his house after having a warm meal of french toast he arrived at the Sendou residence. He was planning on checking to see if the blue haired boy felt better after resting.

"Oh Kai....."

A peach haired girl murmured in surprise as she opened the door to reveal the older teen standing at the door.

"Hi Emi is Aichi here?"

A thin frown crossed the young girls face, confusing the older of the two.

"No..... Did something happen between you two? He's acting how he used to and it's worrying me and mom..."

Jades narrowed slightly as the brunette thought about anything that might have upset the smaller boy, the results came up easily much to his distaste.

"Not really..... Anyway do you have any idea where Aichi may be then?"

"Somewhere you wouldn't normally be I guess...."

The brunette nodded and left Emi after he said a quick goodbye, he felt uneasy when he thought about what the peach haired girls said. He wondered why the blue haired boy was trying to avoid him.

After thinking for a while, the brunette realized that the younger boy actually didn't have very many places where he could go, he was most likely outside but probably not in a crowded area like the streets, he also scratched out alleyways because they were dangerous and risky.

"Maybe the park he goes to when he's sad?"

The brunette murmured to himself, however he quickly shook away the idea, for it was predictable. But then he remembered that there was another park, one he didn't go to unless he had to because it didn't have a bench to sleep on.

Curious to see if his thoughts were correct, the brunette made his way towards the other park, hoping to come across the smaller boy so that he could figure out what was wrong with the boy.

He was silent as the park came into view, satisfaction entering as he noticed a sleeping Aichi laying upon a shade covered rock. He was careful to approach silently, not wanting to startle the younger boy who looked so at ease as he slept.

Sapphires snapped open when the older teen stepped upon a twig, sleep clouded the beautiful sapphires as the brunette waited to be noticed.

"Ah Kai.....!"

The smaller boy gasped in surprise when he noticed the older.

"Hi Aichi nice seeing you here"

"......y-yeah......"

The younger boy murmured softly, avoiding eye contact by looking towards the ground.

"You feeling okay?"

Kai asked, slightly concerned that something was really troubling the smaller.

"Yeah..... But I've realized something Kai...."

Aichi replied, love ring his head so that soft blue locks covered the brunette's view if his face.

"Oh what would that be?"

"I....... Don't..... Love.... You anymore....."

The smaller boy's voice was shaking slightly, jades gaped at the blue haired boy in shock and total disbelief.

"But I thou-"

"I'm sorry Kai..... I don't want to see you anymore...."

Aichi whispered softly before running away, hiding the many tears that had began falling from his sapphires. The brunette just watched the younger boy run away, not knowing what he should do, he hadn't expected that the smaller boy would actually leave him.

He was thankful that he was the only one in the park now, for he slumped to the ground only to be shocked to feel wetness coming from his own eyes, he was crying as well.

"What did I do wrong?....... All I wanted was to be with him and protect him...."

The brunette whispered softly to himself, his voice sounding very unusual to himself. Meanwhile, a blue haired boy was crouched behind a bush somewhere in the park, cupping his face with his hands.

It hurt him so much to break up with the brunette, the guilt of doing so also weighed heavily upon him.

"I'm sorry....... I still love you.... but its best for you if I'm not around....."

Aichi whimpered softly, knowing that the brunette had no way of hearing his apology. The young boy now felt lost, he didn't know what he should do now, he knew that he'd eventually end up seeing the older male once again in the future, however he didn't know how he would handle it.

"Aww little blue is crying....."

Sapphires filled with panic as the young boy swung his foot back at the terribly familiar voice of Rico.

"Get away!"

The smaller boy yelled, not caring if he disrupted others he didn't want to be captured once again by the disgusting red haired creep.

"My my..... So much energy....."

The red head smirked as he caught the younger boy's foot in mid swing and squeezed it, resulting in a wince of pain from the blue haired boy.

"Let go o-....."

The younger boy's call was cut off as he felt something sharp pierce his neck, sleep started to cloud his mind as everything went black.

"Aichi..... Aichi!"

Sapphires flicked open to see tear filled jades gazing down upon him, he looked around in a panic only to see the red head laying unconscious on the ground.

"K-ai?...."

The dazed boy murmured, still groggy from whatever Rico had done to him.

"Yes it's me Aichi..... I know you hate me now for some reason but when I heard you yell I....."

Tears emerged within sapphires as the older teen spoke as a slight smile crossed his face before losing consciousness once again.

Me: that's le end of le chappy~

Miwa: whoa.....

Me: hehe ^~^ I bet me surprised ya~

Miwa: you're just cruel....

Me: I know ^~^ it's fun

Miwa: sigh....

Me: wonder what'll happen next~ anyway hope ya people enjoyed le chappy~