Chapter 16: Concern

Chapter 16 is here I don't own cardfight vanguard~

Dun worry its not even close ta being over, there's still lots to happen hehehe •~•

The brunette felt a little uneasy at the revelation that the blue haired boy could once again feel pain. It was too convenient that it had returned while the boy had been captive.

"That's very odd..... Maybe something stimulated your nerves to allow the pain Sensors to once again work"

Shinko murmured as he grabbed a bottle of disinfectant and a cotton swab.

"Well at least I won't accidentally hurt myself anymore"

The younger boy joked lightly before wincing as the disinfectant was applied upon his wrist by the doctor.

"I guess.... So no more excuses for accidentally leaning on a hot stove"

A faint blush appeared upon the younger's face at the brunette's comment.

"It wasn't my fault...."

The blue haired boy murmured pouting slightly like a small child would.

"I know Aichi"

Kai smiled as he gently ruffled the younger's soft blue locks.

"....!"

The brunette and the doctor were both startled by the younger suddenly recoiling away, sapphires glimmering with deep fear for a few seconds before the boy blinked a few times in confusion.

"Aichi, what's wrong?"

The brunette whispered softly, not wanting to once again accidentally startle the smaller boy.

"Ah uh nothing..... I don't know what came over me...."

Aichi laughed while scratching his head nervously, the older frowned slightly as he wondered what had caused the boy to suddenly look so scared for a few seconds.

"Maybe your body unconsciously reacted to defend yourself"

The blond doctor replied as he wrapped a thin bandage over the newly cleaned injury upon the boy's wrist.

"Ehhhh..... But why would I need to protect myself against Kai?"

The younger whined slightly, sapphires glistening with undisguised affection as they gazed towards the brunette.

"Maybe your conscious is trying to prevent any more harm to you"

"Kai wouldn't hurt me"

"I can easily agree with you, though the conscious is a strange thing"

The blond doctor chuckled as he gave the brunette a curious look.

"It's fine Aichi, I understand that you'd be a little uneasy"

"Thanks Kai"

The younger replied with a small blush, causing the eavesdropping blond to snicker slightly.

"Aichi, would you like to tell me what happened before you were brought here? I have a slight Idea from seeing your injuries while treating you but I'd like to confirm my thoughts"

The brunette immediately noticed the small boy's form stiffen as sapphires darkened dangerously before being hidden behind blue locks.

"I don't want to talk about it right now....."

Doctor Shinko smiled sympathetically before nodding in understanding.

"It's fine, but when you're ready you can talk to me in private if you want"

The blue haired boy nodded, even though he wasn't even considering to talk to the doctor about his injuries.

"Okay"

Jades narrowed slightly at the blue haired boy, the brunette guessed that Aichi most likely wasn't going to talk to the doctor, he just hoped that the boy would at least eventually talk to him instead like before. Though, the brunette was no fool to think that things were the same as last time.

"Am I able to go home?"

The blue haired boy whispered softly, he was eager to sleep in his soft bed instead of on a hard floor.

"I'd recommend staying here for a while"

A thin frown crossed over the younger's face before Aichi hopped up and hid behind the brunette.

"It's recommended, but that doesn't mean I have to......."

The smaller boy murmured, sapphires shining with innocence as he continued to hide behind the brunette.

"....... I'll take him home"

The brunette sighed, unable to say 'no' to the younger boy who was intentionally making an adorable face.

"Thanks Kai!"

Aichi chirped happily at the older teen's offer, thankful that he'd be able to walk home with someone.

"Okay, but make sure he rests Kai, I'm pretty sure that Aichi is exhausted"

The blond doctor sighed, the brunette nodded, he wasn't going to allow the younger boy to trick him into thinking that he was fine by acting fine.

The two teens walked out of the hospital, leaving Shinko to stand there lost from losing his patient once again.

"So how're ya feeling Aichi?"

Miwa chirped as he popped out from behind the door, startling the blue haired boy.

"Oh Miwa..... You scared me, and I'm fine"

Aichi laughed as he lightly hit the top of his own head with his fist, grey eyes narrowed slightly for a few seconds before a big grin appeared upon the blond's face.

"I'm glad that you're okay, you need to be more aware of your surroundings silly!"

The blond joked as he patted the smaller boy on the head, both of the older teens pretended to not notice that the younger had flinched slightly at the touch.

"So Kai, you're going to take little ol' Aichi home now right?"

The brunette nodded at the blond before stopping to realize that the smaller boy had stopped walking and had been left behind, blue locks shadowing his face.

"Aichi?"

"Ah it's nothing!"

The blue haired boy quickly pipped, flashing a happy smile as he caught up with the two.

"........... Anyway, you should be on your way Miwa"

The blond was about to object until he noticed the brunette's expression.

"Oh yeah you're right! I'm about to miss my show!"

The blond called as he ran off to leave Kai and Aichi alone together in the hall.

"Why don't we hurry to your house Aichi, I'm not sure if your family knows where you are...."

Sapphires lit up at the mention of home, the brunette allowed himself to smile faintly because the dark look that the younger had within his eyes had quickly faded away. He wondered what had triggered the smaller boy to suddenly look so frightened, all they had done was talk together so he guessed that a word triggered the reaction.

When the two had exited the hospital, the brunette was feeling slightly uneasy, he could tell that the younger boy was acting very much unlike himself. The boy stepped cautiously and seemed to be somewhere else when ever there was no conversation between them.

Me: that's le end of the chappy

Kai: finally Aichi is safe

Aichi: yep!

Miwa: ....... Yeah

Kai: yeah I agree Miwa

Aichi: ?

Kai: nothing Aichi

Me: hehe ^_^ anyway hope ya guys enjoyed le chappy~