Chapter 18: Caring

Chapter 18 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard!

The brunette carried the smaller boy all the way to the Sendou residence, much to the blue haired boy's dismay.

"Put me down now...."

The younger whispered as the two approached the door, he did NOT want his family to witness his embarrassing predicament.

"Sure"

The brunette replied as he crouched down to let the smaller boy off of his back, the boy seemed much too light for his age.

"I'm going to be in do much trouble....."

The blue haired boy whined softly, half to himself as he slowly opened the door to his house and walked inside with Kai following after him.

"It'll be fine Aichi, your mother is quite understanding"

The older teen reassured the younger as he looked around, only to bee greeted with the familiar face of Shizuka, the cyan haired mother.

"Oh Aichi...... Where have you been? I've been so worried about you...."

The cyan haired mother cried as she snatched up her son in a tight hug.

"Mom.... I can't.... Breathe...."

Aichi whined as he tried to get out of his mother's hold.

"Oh sorry dear!"

Shizuka laughed as she quickly released her son, who took the opportunity to catch the breath that he had lost.

"It's fine and I just got lost........."

Aichi laughed while scratching his head nervously, the cyan haired mother raised a brow as a small frown crossed her lips but nodded silently none the less.

The brunette guessed that the smaller boy's lie didn't convince the cyan haired mother one boy and he wondered why she didn't further her questioning.

"I see..... be more careful Aichi, me and Emi were seriously worried about you"

"Sorry....."

Aichi whispered, feeling slightly guilty that he had lied once again to her, yet thankful at the same time that the hospital for some reason hadn't contacted her.

"Anyway, Kai thanks for brining my silly son home"

The brunette nodded, he wouldn't have allowed the smaller boy to walk home on his own.

"Where's Emi?"

The smaller boy asked, sapphires looking around curiously for the peach haired girl.

"She's still asleep, it's early in the morning after all"

"Oh yeah..... I forgot"

The younger laughed awkwardly.

"I'll go prepare some breakfast...... Kai could you check up on Aichi's injuries?"

"Y-yeah sure...."

The brunette was surprised that Shizuka had noticed the smaller boy's injuries and had decided to let him deal with them, he expected that a mother would naturally be overly protective.

"Thanks, I trust Aichi to you"

The cyan haired mother winked slyly at the brunette as she went into the kitchen, leaving the two boys standing there blushing in embarrassment.

"...... Ah let's go to the living room!"

The blue haired boy said as he took Kai's hand and led the older into the living room with him.