Chapter 17: Chatting

Chapter 17 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard~

I've improved so much since my first vanguard fanfic!!

"It's so nice out...."

The younger boy's voice was soft, little more than a whisper. The brunette curiously looked over towards the smaller boy, he seemed to be in good spirits, though it was mostly likely relief more than anything.

"Really? But the sun is being covered by the clouds?"

The smaller boy quickly shook his head slowly as sapphires gazed towards the ground.

"The air feels so nice fresh, the wind's coolness also feels nice!"

The older teen shrugged, slightly agreeing that the air did indeed feel quite nice, though usually the weather was only called nice when the sun was out.

"....... Wait Aichi.... Where are your shoes?"

The brunette asked as he noticed that there was bitting covering the smaller boy's feet.

"Eh shoes?..... Ah you're right! I forgot that I left them- ah it doesn't matter, I'll be fine until I get home."

The brunette raised a brow, wondering why the younger boy paused.

"You shouldn't be walking around without any shoes on Aichi"

The brunette sighed, concerned that the younger might accidentally step on some glass or something.

"I'll be fine, if I step on something I'll just use a band aid"

The brunette frowned at the blue haired boy's logic but didn't comment otherwise, deciding that he should just let the younger boy relax.

After a while of the two walking together, the brunette noticed that the younger's pace was beginning to slow down slightly and that Aichi seemed to be having trouble keeping up.

"Aichi, something wrong?"

Kai asked, slowing his pace to a slow walk instead of their normal speed, it wasn't like the younger boy to walk slowly.

"Nah, it's just my legs were sort of numb before and now I'm starting to have feeling in them again"

The smaller boy sighed softly with a tired smile.

"Why were they numb?"

Sapphires narrowed for a second in thought before lighting up.

"Maybe something doctor Shinko gave me?"

"Seems reasonable, anyway you want to take a break?"

The smaller boy frowned slightly while puffing out his cheeks like a child, crossing his arms and turned away from the brunette.

"I'm not a child!"

The older teen couldn't help but smile slightly at the younger's adorable face.

"True, but you're exhausted and injured"

"........ I still don't need a break"

The smaller whispered softly in embarrassment that the brunette was treating him like a young child.

"What if I were to carry you?"

"Kai!"

The older teen chuckled at the smaller boy's shyness and embarrassment.

"I'm serious Aichi"

"B-but it would be so embarrassing! People would be staring at us!..."

The blue haired boy squeaked, his face flushing a dark shade of scarlet at the thought of being carried like a child in public by Kai.