CHAP.6

Friendships are made..... or not.

It was cold Saturday morning and Ava had woken up with too much energy to only be 8 in the morning.

Usually she would go for a run or to the cafe when she had too much energy but today she decided to bless her brother and Ray with her magnificent taste in music.

She was playing Mind over matter by Young giant. That song had been stuck in her head for at least two weeks so why not play it out loud.

She had it in the loudest volume possible on her speakers as she cooked breakfast. She was making some eggs, bacon and waffles.

She was too concentrated on making the batter for the waffles so she couldn't hear Ray coming down that stairs.

He looked disoriented with messy bad hair and no shirt on. His pajama pants were low on his waist almost looking like they could fall down any seconds from now.

He had tattoos all over himself. Starting from his chest all the way down to his v-line. He rubbed his eyes forcing himself to stay awake as he watched Ava cook.

He had a smile on his face watching her get batter everywhere and cussing out the bacon. He sat down and watched her cook.

The kitchen smelled heavenly and looked as if it had been brought up from hell.

Cooking seemed to be a skill both siblings had but Ava was just very messy when it came to it.

The music stopped playing due to the ad that interrupted it. " Man this is what I get for not getting a premium account ." She said looking around for her phone.

As she turns around she lets out a loud shriek looking at Ray like he had grown to heads.

" Fuck man you scared me."

" Sorry, I honestly thought you would have noticed me by now." He said.

She let out a small sigh grabbing her phone to skip the ad and change the song.

" How long have you been sitting there?"

" For as long as you've been cooking." He said resting his head on his hands.

" So is it a normal occurrence around here for you to blast music at the crack of dawn while people are trying to get their beauty sleep?"  She shrugged and let out a small chuckle.

" My brother isn't home and I forgot you were here so." She said which made Ray confused. He thought her brother was here.
"You're brother's not here?" He was sure he had seen him this morning.

" Yeah he left a while ago, usually he would be cussing me out right now for blasting music this early in the morning. But you know duty calls."  She had a sad look on her face but soon realized that Ray was looking at her so she quickly turned around.

He could tell that it was beginning to be awkward and tried to change the subject. " So what do you do for fun around here other than sleep?" He'd only been here for two weeks but he'd recalled seeing Ava sleep more than he'd ever slept his whole life.

She shrugged and smiled. " I don't know, I don't go out that much and I'm not the most extroverted person so.."

" You don't have any friends?" She shook her head no.

"Oh." He thought that since she had already lived here for two years she could have introduced him to some people. Guess that wasn't the case.

She handed him his plate and went to get hers. She sat down right beside him and they both started eating.

It was silent, none of them had anything to say to each other and that was killing Ray. He never knew why but he could never stay quiet for too long. It was like he had a fear of silence.

" Umm since you're friendless and all, I can be your friend." He said.

Ava kept on chewing her food ignoring what he had said. " Thanks,  but I don't need your pity friendship."