CHAP.22

A loud crash was heard from outside Ray's room.

Ava jolted awake being alarmed from the racket that was happening outside the room. Her breathing was heavy and her body was taken over by sweat.

She was still half asleep when Ray spoke to her, not understanding the situation she was in .

Ray held Ava tightly , stopping her from looking outside the room.
" You have to stay here alright, I'll check what's happening outside the door." He whispered to her.

Her eyes were already watering her thoughts, starting running wild thinking about all the horrible things that could be happening outside the door.

As Ray looked outside the room he saw Ace, Farah , and Chris fighting off masked people.
His heart beat grew faster as he saw the weapons being held on their head.
"Fuck." He said cursing under his breath. With everything happening his main interest was keeping Ava safe. That's all that mattered right now.

They were surrounded by at least 15 people,and they stayed here with only three bodyguards.
Ray once again cussed under his breath. He looked behind him, finding Ava with teary eyes.
" Ava we have to get out of here." He said seriously.

Walking over to her, she nodded, not wasting a second to get out of the bed.
She stumbled a little not having time to look around the room.

But she could feel something didn't feel right. So she stood there and looked around and when she did, she let out a small gasp at what she saw.

Ray on the other hand walked toward his closet and pulled out a case with weapons inside.

They were the ones he used to use when he was in the gang. It had been a while since he used them but right now he didn't have time to think about that.

"R-ray." Ava whispered trying to get his attention.

He got the gun that was in the case along with the knives.
He looked back at Ava who now shook, unable to blink with wide eyes.

" Ava love, I know it's hard but we have to get out." He said getting a hold of her face. He cupped it and held it tightly.

She shook her head still not speaking and when he turned around he too stood still.

A dead body. Stood there staring right back at them.

Ray stumbled back leaning against the bed frame.
"Shit." He said holding on to his gun tightly.

" Ava, get a gun." He told her.

She didn't think and did as he said. She got a gun along with a knife.
"Your only objective is to get the hell out of here. Ava, I'm not repeating myself okay. You need to worry about yourself before anyone else. If we go out there and you see them getting beaten on dont look. Keep walking, don't look okay." He told her.

She looked up at him and a single tear rolled down her cheek.
"Okay." she answered.

Loud bangs were heard from downstairs and Ava gulped. She didn't like the sound of guns, she hated them. They were loud and triggered bad memories, memories she'd rather them stay hidden.

It was hard to push through but she knew she had to open this door and get out but she didn't expect what she saw. She guessed her brother had called for backup because the whole room was a bloodshed.

It was a bloodied house no longer the home she felt safe in.

Men were on the ground begging for their lives, other crashing and burning things. It was a mess, everything was gone. .