CHAP.10

Why is it so loud? Ava asked as the music boomed through the house.

They had arrived at the party which was hosted by a rich kid whose parents weren't home.

" This house is huge. It feels like I don't belong here." Ava said walking into the house with Ray by her side.

" Hmm,let's go get some drinks." Ray mumbled.

They walked over to we're the drinks were located. " Are you drinking tonight?" Ray asked Ava while bending down to get some water.

" No, I'm not really good with alcohol."
She says.

" Yeah neither."

They both stay quiet for a minute looking around to see what to do. Ray wasn't the type to go out and to tell the truth he didn't really like people.

They annoyed him and he'd rather stay at home. But Ava was an exception which is why he came to this party.

" Let's go over there. I think I saw the girl who invited me. I'm going to say hi." She says with excitement. She holds on tightly to Ray not wanting to lose him in the big crowd.

" Hey Crystal." Ava yelled over the music trying to get her attention.

Crystal turns around looking for whoever called her name. Finally she spots Ava.
" Hey girl, glad you could make it. Get some drinks loosened up, have fun okay." Crystal said with enthusiasm.

Finally she spotted Ray who had a grim look on his face.
" And who's your hot date ?"
Crystal asked.

Ava looked up at Ray and then back at Crystal. " He's not my date, just a friend. His name is Ray." Ava mumbled.

"Raymond." Ray corrected. His shoulders were more tense than usual which confused Ava.

" Sorry, what was that?" Crystal asked.

" My name is Raymond."

Ava looked up at Ray but he wouldn't look down at her and kept his head toward and his face straight. Ava thought he kind looked Constipated.

" Well it was nice meeting you Raymond. Call me if you spot any hot girls for me to flirt with." She yelled over the music while walking away.

Once she was out of sight Ava smacked his side. " Why'd you do that?" Ava asked.

Ray finally looked down at her.
" Do what?"

" You scared her away with your grim face and scary response. Plus who even calls you Raymond I thought your name was Ray."

" My name is Raymond but the only people I like and  who are special to me call me Ray. For now it's only you and your brother who call me that."

Ava's cheeks heated up but luckily no one would be able to tell.

" I'm special to you?" She asked.

" You're very special to me." He answered.

They both were too stunned to speak both for different reasons. But that was until Ava spotted someone from her old school.

She didn't want to cause any problems with them so she acted like they weren't there. And continued partying.

" Let's get some drinks." She said walking back to we're the drinks are.

Ray smirked while looking at her trying to find some beers.
" I thought you weren't good with alcohol." He asked, getting closer to her.

" I'm not but you're not drinking so I'm going to get just a little tipsy." She found the beer which was at the bottom of the crate.

"Also when I'm tipsy it's easier for me to talk to people."

~~

It was already midnight and the party felt like it had just started. More and more people kept coming it's the house was packed.

Ava was talking to a girl she had met and just like she said she was a bit tipsy.
" Yeah and it was slimy and gross but the baby giraffe was so tall." They both were talking about animal birth and the times they've watched animals give birth.

" That's cool, I heard once they're born they can't walk properly." The girl said while chugging her drink.

She was very pretty with a bright red Afro and a couple piercings on her face. She also has a huge neck tattoo of a butterfly. Ava thought she looked cool.

" Anyways, are you here with anyone?" Ava asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

" Yeah I came in with my friend but she ditched me for some dude. But I shouldn't be surprised it always happens with her."

" How about you, did you come here with anyone?" She asked.

" Yep you see that tall guy by the drinks" Ava says pointing to Ray.
" Yeah, he's the one I came here with."

The girl hummed and looked back at Ava. " Is he your boyfriend because his been eye fucking you the whole time we've been talking."

Ava looked back at Ray and he smiled at her. She quickly turned her head her her ears turned red.

" No we're just friends, I'm sure he was looking at someone else."

" Whatever you say. But what's your name?" The girl asked.

" I'm Ava. What's yours?"

" You can call me Jacky."