chapter 40

(The chaos this man is creating!!!)

Time slowed for them as he lifted her in his arms, kissing her again and again as he moved toward the couch whispering sounds but no words as he sought to confirm what she said. 

They were lost in the delicate twilight of then and now and neither was in a hurry to return to reality.

But soon the kisses became deeper and hands explored soft curves and hard planes.  They slowed to catch a breath.

She leaned her forehead to his and laughed to realize that they had landed in the pillows of the deep couch and he had pulled her to sprawl across his lap. 

She could see the flush of desire staining his face and for a second envied the color of his lips bruised by her kisses. 

She could feel the evidence of his desire in the hard ridge that strained against the sweat pants he wore.  She blushed as she realized the large hand cupping her ass had snaked past the elastic in her own sweats and was now holding her tightly to him.

She fought through the haze of desire, trying to make sense of where they were and what should happen next. 

Her body was screaming at her mind to shut up and shut off and just relax and enjoy. 

Her heart was cautious, sending out all the warning signals.  She looked at Hobi and he smiled, waiting patiently for her to catch up to the moment.

Hobi drew a deep breath and tried to calm his raging body.  He knew it was almost a lost cause as his hand flexed against the rounded bottom of the women who had haunted his fantasies for years. 

But she was real this time.  The breast he had brushed and teased to attention belonged to her, not some nameless woman that reminded him of her.  He wanted her, Izabelle, his Izzy.  He wanted to make love to her and mark her for his own.

Then he remembered, again, that she had said she loved him.  He grew even harder at the thought. He was trying to give her time to decide what they would do next.

Whatever she said he would comply immediately.  But this thought would not go away – this time he wanted no regrets.

That smile always could cause her stomach to flip.  It was even more lethal inches from her mouth that still tingled from the taste of him. 

Izzy  knew what she wanted.  It was the same thing she had wanted since she last held him naked in her arms.  She had one real fear - that it would never be enough between them.

She sat and he followed.  They moved until they were face to face.  She drew a deep breath and Hobi did the same.  She had reached a decision.  He waited to hear where they would go from here.

“ Hobi…..I want you,” she breathed.  He tensed.  He could tell from her tone that she had reservations.  His body began to cool at the realization.