22. Is that enough?

He usually comes at that precise moment of the early morning that he is called after, but this time he does not come to my bedside. It is not like I'm missing it or anything, but it just feels slightly off. There's something bugging me, I can feel it happening and yet no one has told me...

And YET is the right word, because I'm gonna lose my shit if I don't get into the big secret any time soon.

A nurse walks into the room, looking tiny and pale, there is a frown ruining her otherwise cute fairy face. She is probably uncomfortable to work around someone like me, a fairy that can not control herself and almost kills her precious king.

"Hello, Miss. Could you please tell me in a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no pain and 10 being very severe, how are you level pains?" Awareness washes over me and I inhale deeply,  my side hurts like hell. Didn't even notice, too preocuppied with Dawn's absence.

"A six, I guess" my voice is rash from not using it, I clear my throat while the nurse taps away in her tablet. She checks all my other vitals, not looking at my face entirely every time she talks to me. I can feel her discomfort like it is a living, breathing and conscious thing. The name tag in her surgical gown is hidden between the bouncing curls of her luscious red hair, squinting I catch a glimpse of it 'Beth'.

"Miss Beth, may I call you Beth? I will like to know how my father is doing" her frown gets even deeper and I worry, because that might leave a nasty wrinkle there if she doesn't stop.

"I'm not part of the King's medical team, Miss" She moves from my side and goes to a tray in the corner, giving me her back while she organizaces "And even if I was, I can't give out that information,  it's confidential".

"But I am, the King's daughter, therefore I am family. It is not confidential to family, isn't it?". There's a pause, from this angle I can not see her face, but I guess for the way she's standing that I'm getting into her nerves.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. If there is anything medical concerning to your health that I can help with I'll be happy to, but I can not give out information" she moves for the door and my heart stars pounding faster, I do not want nor wish to be left alone in this cold and dark room.

The machines start beeping and she does a bee line to them, ignoring my anxy ass all the time. She fuses over the stuff and her eyebrows scrunch together.

"I don't want to be left alone" the softness to my voice weirds me out, I'm normally not needy at all, Princess independent over here, my mother is freaking Maleff for goodness sake.

Nurse Beth finally looks at me and she looks troubled, I can see the prejudice that she has about me wining the battle with her conscience, it's like a light turning off. A blink of humanity and then nothing, trained medical apathy washes her face of emotions.

"Sorry, miss. Visiting hours start in about an hour" she delivers on her way to the door. She clicks it shut slowly, but firmly at her back.

This time I don't panic, I just feel sadness creeping onto me.

It's normal for me to be alone, living in your mother's shadow does that to a person I suppose, but I was fine with it. I never really felt alone, there was always someone around. The villains aren't the most sentimental beings in the universe, but for some reason they are quite nosy and living with them was like having a permanent cheerleading squad. Always giving a helping hand, nurturing me and my dreams or fears.

But now sitting on this stiff hospital bed, wearing the thinnest medical gown in the world and no one by my side (or hiding at the shadows in the corners like Uncle Facilier used to do), I feel cold and empty and alone, very very alone.

I must have fallen asleep at some point, because the sound of light footsteps wakes me up, and I am invaded by the most vibrant blue I have ever seen. The intense light coming from the deep sea almost manages to touch the darkness in my mind, but it doesn't, that's the thing with me. I don't usually have this strong mix of bad emotions, but when I do... I can't shake the emotion out of myself easily.

"Good morning, Miss Manor. I apologize if I have robbed you of your rest with my presence". The cadence of his tone of voice travels through my drowsy system. I positively look like shit and he's in a fresh three piece suit at freaking 8 o'clock in the morning "A  rather worrying situation has arisen in the palace due to both your condition and that of your father".

"Morning" I stifle a yawn, blood rushing to my face in embarrassment. Cute tomato face this early " I beg you pardon, Prince Dawn or shall I call you Crown Prince Dawn Edward II?"

Yes, G. You still got it in you. Even when this creep wakes you up appearing from out of nowhere.

I see a flicker of darkness pass through his blue eyes and then he smiles, that measured smile of his and I know that shit just hit the fan.

"You can call me Professor Dawn is you like. Considering that from now on I'll be leading your teach team" He opens his suit jacket, right hand goes to his pant pocket and even if I can't see it I know he's curling it into a tight fist. Huh,   someone is not happy about it "Your inability to understand that the situation with your magic is quite dangerous has left us all in a compromised place".

Anger rushes at the front of my mind overcoming the dark sad feeling and I gasp out in outrage " I do understand the situation, Prof. I'm actually quite concerned, because no one in this bloody place is talking to me. How is my father doing? Did I hurt someone else?".

The air around him almost vibrates when he moves closer to me, he is not pleased with me, but he never is. And I sincerely do not give a flying duck about it.

"No one is allowed to share private information to foreigners. It is illegal, they firm non-disclosure agreements". The hand on his trousers tightens even more, the muscles on his arm bulging out. Handsome motherfu... "The personal is in no way obligated to fulfill your bratty demands, manipulating them with magic..."

"Am I a spoiled brat just cuz I use my resources to get the information that I need?" I'm screaming now, hot white rage blinding me "I don't care about you stupid rules and legal features!".

"Your distaste for rules is well known, Miss Manor. You are not helping your case in front of the public and the court by continuing to solidify that impression of you" Dawn's voice is raising too "The court has come to the decision that I take the front in your education, because the king cannot be exposed to strenuous situations".

"Don't I get a say? I have been left in the dark of what is going on with my life more than not lately, all of you taking decisions over me like I'm nothing more than a freaking peon on a chessboard!" My breathing is so heavy that I can see black dots in the borders of my vision "No one even cares that the royal guard manhandled my so bad that I got injured from it. All you guys are talking about is of how bad i behave".

To this point I have got not control of my flying hands and the magic runs out  in a flash.  Or tries to, cause the shit dampening it down suffocates me again and I cry out in pain.

Hands are all over  me, cold tiny hands. Beth and another nurse are trying to hold me down, the Doctor is close to my right fiddling with the bag of fluids connected to my IV.

My eyes are heavy and I fight back against the sleepy feeling, I can't go to sleep I was doing something vert important, what was it? I'm not sure, but it cannot wait I gotta do it.

"Is that enough?" Nurse Beth is shaking,  the Doctor says something, but I don't catch it.

"It is enough! Stop giving that to her, at once!" Dawn? Oh,  he did come to me... I'm too tired, I'll just go to sleep, yeah he will take care of that important thing of mine, he's a sock sucker like that. Oh, yes, it is comfy here in the dark of my mind, floating in a dreamless void.