23. What did you do?

The soft cotton sheets hug me tightly as I move across the bed, the pillows so fluffy I can hardly lift my head in amazement. Blood rushes up my body from the quick movement and pain shoots through my shoulder. Ugh, I almost forgot about that. Where the hell am i? The last thing I remember is arguing with Dawn in my hospital room and now I'm in the most pastel pink room i've ever seen.

The sheets piled around me are all a blush-pink hue, little flowers in varying shades of violet painted across the entire surface, the ridiculous amount of pillows and cushions on my back maintain the color palette and when I run my hand across one of them it's as soft as it looks. There's a huge window on the wall opposite the bed and I can see the sun starting to come out behind the light purple curtains. Moving the divinity of sheets aside I go to the right edge of the bed and put my bare feet on the soft cream carpet and sigh at the soft sensation, all the furniture from the canopy bed to the desk in the left far is painted in a rich cream hue matching the rug.

There's a door almost hidden in the wallpaper that has the same flowers as the bedding, right next to the desk and i assume it's a bathroom or closet, nervously I shuffle across the room and open it letting out a little breath.

The right wall is a glass-fronted closet with the most delicate gold doorknobs floating in the center of the double doors. The clothes I brought are neatly hanging and color-coded, my sneakers, boots and heels lined up precisely in the designated space below, I can even see a small jewelry chest above a drawer space. The left side is a bathroom, a large bathtub in the far corner, facing a large mosaic window the pieces on it assembled to form a lily, normal toilet with cabinet floating above it, and the most beautiful sink made in this pink marble, my overnight bag is on the counter and I attack it like it's the most precious thing in the world, ignoring the restof the room.

Excuse me, but traveling and then being in the clinic for who knows how many days makes a girl feel gross.

The Crown Princess is in my room, Elory, my sister, well half sister is here.

Looking out of the window, her skin glowing, her hair perfect, shoulders back and hands in front of her. A prestine skirt/shirt white professional combo hugging her body and I feel a ball forming in my lower belly. She doesn't look out of place in this room, she belongs here. All perfect and with well polished corners, I don't belong here with my black silk robe and messy hair.

"Guiliana, I think it's appropriate that we use our first names, considering we share a father" She speaks as softly as she moves, slow and precise, approaching me almost as if she's scared of my reaction. But I know better, she is not scared, she's just calculating me, in this space I am a prey and this perfect woman in front of me is a predator "There are things going on that are much bigger than my discontent with father's past mistakes".

"I'm not sure what you are talking about, Elory " the soft smile on her face is a little scary, but I keep going "You well know that I don't want any of this nor I get it, I wanted to stay behind in the shadows and all of you, outed me".

"What did you do, Guiliana? Tell me and I'll let you take it easy, I'll plead for you in court, get you a way out" there's something haunted behind her eyes and i spend so much time staring into the dark brown depth i don't understand when i start to fall but it's too late and i'm screaming trying to hold on to something as the darkness consumes me.

I wake up screaming and cold water moving around me, slipping off the edge of the tub from the sudden movement. Damn, I felt asleep in the lavender water trying to calm my mind, but obviously imagination is still on edge. I quickly dry off with the ridiculously pink towel to my right, and duck into the glass closet looking for an outfit that's warm, but doesn't look like pajamas. I finally decide on a thick black sweater and a pair of gray pants, my black boots will do. I push my hair into a tight ponytail, adjust my glasses and smile at my reflection, I look tired.