20. Paramedics

To be freaking clear, Im under coercion. They're forcing me to take this trip from hell and I can't help feeling like a spoiled child on the brink of a tantrum.

I am sure there is a treacherous tear on my cheek, but I ignore it in favor of the nausea that is making me hate my existence  even more. Not really sure were this driver-security detail got his license, but they sure have less standards than a drunk college boy on a Friday night.

"Are we out of schedule?" I know we aint, but he is going way too fast to my liking and maybe he will catch it in the air, apparently he is very dense, because I get his negative in a short gruff and he pressing harder in the gas. Gosh, the biscuit on my belly is not happy.

Finally, after four hours of travel we break into the wood and I recognize the long route to the portal. In the dark final of this trail is a "door" that allows you to travel beetwen realms. Godor, is almost there and I can feel the magic vibrating in the air, the dirt, the trees, my blood.

That calms me, since my little outburst the magic inside me has not been present, not even when I met my family. Usually, other powerful people calls to it, but with father I did not came foward. Haha, my magic is as coward as I am...

Father, his wife and a couple of boys from the service are waiting for me at the gate of the monstrosity they call the winter castle. Tall as a city skyscraper, built entirely of white glass, reflecting how little sunshine there is in this part of Godor. More on the classic and victorian side than on the modern tho, delicately designed to look like a giant greenhouse, with real silver accents, and emeralds on every doorknob and window.

I gulp, making my way to the gorgeous couple waiting for me. The wind picks up and I gasp, trembling front the top of my head to the tip of my toes, the boho summer dress that was good for the city does not helps me out in the freezing winter here. 

"Darling, welcome to Godor, I hope everything goes just peachy for you on here and to your like" Father starts talking even before I get to him and I mumble a shy 'hi'. The woman next to him smiles kindly and looks me up and down discreetly, her pale blond hair is in a intricate braid, cheeks rosy and delicate mouth. She looks nothing like mother and I feel bad for her, I do not want to be a constant reminder of her husband's misdoings.

"My Queen, I present to you, Guilliana Mannor, daughter of Maleficent" He moves a hand to get me closer and I compel "and myself" he then takes my hand and places it over her extend hand. This is the traditional way of introductions, we touch each other to feel the magic of the other and what our positions are with respect to the other.

I feel her, waiting for some strong surge of power, but there is nothing and my own magic does not come foward, it shooks me. She is not a fairy that's for sure, but she is a royal and they always have magic running in their blood, the frown in her merry face tales it all, she is not pleased with my show of disrespect. The truth be told, I'm not trying to,  my power just does not feel like even showing, because we both know that I out rank her.

"I am sorry, my magic has been out since I was admitted to the hospital". She moves her nose up and tells me in a slight tone "Yes, you are a special fairy". It did not sound like a compliment, but I will s·ck it up and move on, because right now my butt is freezing.

"We should move this conversation, you must be cold out here" Father suggests when he sees me shiver again.

Excellent train of thought, father, because if we don't get inside in the next five seconds we're going to need paramedics to restart my heart after the cardiac trauma that hypothermia will generate.

After 'my queen' as father refers to her leaves the room, we sit down in one of the many living rooms, the lights here are faint and the darkness pulls a drowsy blanket over me, or it might be the exhaustion of the day taking over me. He looks young and sad, but still royal, sitting right across from me in a brown loveseat.

"You look like your mother, without a doubt there is something more angelic in your features, but you look just like her when I met her" I nod, uncomfortable with his words, although I am clinging to each one of them. "I need you to know that I would never have disappeared, if your mother had told me ... I would have..."

"You would have what? Left your Queen and do what's right for my mother? Left your kingdom for her? What would you have done, father?".

"My darling...".

"Do not 'my darling' me. Maybe you should have not cheated on your Queen, you should have not taken my mother kingdoms and you should have not had had me. Now, I'm here, dealing with all this royal f·ck that I dont want, because you were too hot to not keep it on yours pants". I'm sped up, magic churning around me and out of the corner of my eye I can see a bright green cloud forming.

"My girl, it is not like that... I beg you to hear me out, calm down, please" He stops, choking on his own saliva, his face turning red and when a hand flies to his chest, I lean toward him in genuine concern.

SH·T 

"HELP, SOMEONE. CALL FOR A DOCTOR!"