9. Unwanted tail

When I walk out of the building with my white box partly filled, I shiver. All the adrenaline its gone, leaving me cold and sweaty, feeling more than a bit off. I don't know what do to or where to go, but I'm dreading going back to my tiny flat, it is too lonely. Maybe, now that I'm out (and not of the closet) I should start to actually live.

It is lame, but the going to the supermarket is the first thing that I do with my brand new freedom. Others used to do the grocery shopping for me, because it reduced the electronic trace that I would have made, monthly one of mother's housekeeper had come, collected the grocery list and later delivered it, even putting it away for me, placing every piece of grocery in the cupboards and fridge.

To be frank I feel quite shaky, the only solid, real and mine thing on my freaking life was my job. I don't own a dog, cat or even a fish to go back to and I don't have friends aside from my family. So, getting out of the shadows it's stressing and makes a lot of noise on my mind. For once I'm fully capable of doing whatever I want to do, for once I don't have to be afraid of someone recognizing me and sincerely, I don't know what do with myself.

There's a pulling and sicking feel in the mouth of my stomach and I can't help it, even when I'm walking down the cereals aisle, for the third time, I continue to feel uncomfortable. Not because I really don't need any cereal and I'm 100% sure that I look ridiculous being so amazed by the colors, the organization and the people around me. No, it's not that, its the unnerving sensation that someone is looking at me.

I'm not used to this kind of exposure and whenever I had contact with the public it was somewhat controlled. The coffee shop, my work and the building where I live, they all had minimal if any risk.

The wild card that was my job, actually kept me safe, and my loved coffee shop was the one that sold me up. I mean, it was more possible to be recognized in a place where the 75% of the people that I walk by needs to know my name, than a coffee shop where anyone glanced twice at me.

I shake my head to get rid of my distressed thoughts and push my car to next isle, I like homemade bread so I don't pay attention to this section, the one I'm heading for it's the aisle that my brother likes to call 'The lady stuff isle from hell'.

He used to do this shopping for me, because I was way to embarrassed to ask the housekeeper for it, on my first period mom was on a business trip and my aunts where MIA, so I hid in my bathtub, sobbing and really cold for like an hour until Fye bulldozed his way into the bathroom and asked what was going on. He took care of the situation, preparing me a hot bubble bath and leaving me there while he run like a mad man to the closer drugstore.With the years he started to get fancier with what he choose and even bought me nail polish and creams, only when I expressly asked for it tho.

Other important thing that Fye did for me was to train the hell out of me, increasing my awareness of the place where I was and self-defense, what he never got to teach me was how control my magic and believe me, he tried.

I can see the man that got into the cereals section almost at the same time that me and he's talking in the phone, asking for directions from presumably his wife, I know that there's a pretty teenager looking at the makeup section in the other end of the isle, I'm aware of the pregnant woman looking at the body moisturizers, but I'm certain that the man standing back to me it's wearing an everything black outfit and has a fancy watch on his left wrist, because he had been trailing me since I walked out of the building.

The magic it's vibrating through my body, my finger tips are itching and I can feel the change in my eyes, it feels almost like an out of the body experience when I take three steps back, bumping his back, palms facing him and magic surging through them, charged with mischievous intentions and vengeance. He makes a surprised groan and I twirl around to see his face, hard and gorgeous bone structure, short dark brown hair and annoyed big brown eyes.

"Tell your boss, Prince Dawn, that he's the one getting a tail next time if he keeps tailing me" Surprise, fury and laughter plays in his eyes and then plain distress shows in them when he feels what I'm talking about. He's shocked and keeps making circles trying to take a good look at it, I chuckle and start to distance myself from him before it's too late, I'm running down the street and laughing like a maniac because what I just made it's ridiculous.

I just gave a grown man a freaking an unwanted dog tail.