8. Insane

The first thing I notice when I get back to my work is a box, white as almost everything in the room and when I see inside the box my stomach falls. It's empty, a note sits at it side 'Please, go to RRHH immediately'.

I'm getting fired, this is the last thing I need after that my insane mother literally crushed my nerves into thin dust.

She sat all the ride to here looking like a freaking ice sculpture, with a small smile in her beautiful face, and when we pulled over in front of the office building she said 'I was prepare for this situation since my second trimester, the other royals act like they're okay with me now, but I know they were just waiting for me to do a wrong move'. She then made a gesture with her hand and Don our trusted driver and bodyguard opened the door for me, indicating that the conversation was over.

When I walk inside of the RRHH office I can see the back of the balding head of my awful boss sitting in one of the two chairs across from Tiara Bank the human resources lady, she looks bored and as uninterested as a person can be. I gulp, she mumbles her greetings and Mr. Lewis aka Balding Head cracks his neck in my direction and gives me a nasty look. He hates my guts, without a reason, I believe that the sole reason why he hates me it's because he thinks that I jumped over a few of my coworkers, his son between them, to get in my position. I'm the minor account, his assistant in fancy words... and my mother owns half of the company, my brother owning the other half, so yeah, he kinda has the reason about me jumping over other eligible workers.

Mr. Bald head, for once, it's not talking. All the talking is being made by the not so insane Mrs. Banks and she's trying to get my boss to calm down, he's silently sulking in his chair. All his grandpa like face getting redder by the seconds, I can see the exact moment that he breaks in a sweat, when Mrs. Banks throws my mother name in the mix, his whole body goes rigid, even his Santa Claus like belly contracts in a funny way. I can't help it and I snicker, graciously I put a hand over my mouth and cough a little trying my best to remain polite.

My mother would go nuts his she finds out that I disrespect someone in her company the same exact day that I exposed myself to the royals and possibly the commoners. She's most definitely two steps shy of going crazy ass insane on me, I can feel it over the bond.

There you see, us, freaking magical beings, fairies, ladies of the nature and other ridiculous names that the define our existence, share a bond that's make by blood. Like witches got covens and blood rituals to connect in a kind of magic network that allows them to fuel each other, we fairies got an actual blood bond that transcend in an spiritual way, allowing us not to just fuel each other magic, but to sense our families feelings, whereabouts and health.

"The department had decided to move Ms. Mannor to the top floor and make her take over the occupation of Mr. Mannor's secretary how just got out for her maternity leave" Wait, what?! I need to snap out of my chocolate fudge filled mind.

"She's not even getting a reprimand for skipping work?" Mr. Bald head spits out and I can feel the actual saliva coming out of his mouth. Disgusting. "She's getting reward for slacking off, being send up to his brother where she will obviously slack off more. Unbelievable". The end of his sentence let's through a thick accent that I've never hear before and it gives me the chills.

He's actually touched by this, he truly believes that I don't deserve my job, after all I have made for him, working my butt extra hours, running errants like a mad woman in a mission, picking up after him, doing his digital work when he couldn't understand it, everything and more. And he still feels deep down in that old little heart of him, that I'm not good, that all I got was because of who my mother is. It hurts like a 2nd grade, because I know, he's not the only one that believes it and it shatters my heart because none has ever given my the chance to proof myself worthy, even those that weren't aware of my connection with the Mannor family. The judged me for getting this fast to my, now, former position in the company, but what they all don't know it's that my mother would've never accepted that I worked out in the public if I wasn't cut for the job, and I guess that that has to be enough for me.

But because I know what I'm worth, I won't let them walk over me anymore, no Royal family, no former bald head bosses, no RRHH uninterested b*tches, no family and definitely not Dawson will walk over me again.

Licking my lips and pushing my trembling body up I speak up for myself for the first time on my life "I'm sorry, Mrs. Banks, but I won't take that offer, you'll get my resignation letter by tomorrow morning".

Others might think that I had just gone insane, but if being your own self means insanity I see no use to being sane.

Hey, fairy tale lovers.

HAPPY LABOUR'S DAY EVERYBODY!!
Comment, point out my errors and shower me with starts!

Yours truly, Alice.