30) The first peck!

Song dedicated to this chapter- Dilbar mere by Kishore Kumar!

********

"It was Hukum's 14 birthday next day, when Bade Hukum for the first time left Hukum behind and went on a buisness trip on 1 July 2010, no one knows why he went there and why he didn't took Hukum with him, but that was the first birthday Hukum celebrated without his grandfather. We all celebrated Hukum's 14 birthday on 2 July, only to mourn our beloved King's death next day. 3 July 2010 was the day, when we were informed that Bade Hukum had an brutal accident on evening of 2 July and was declared dead next day." Shakti explained.

"Ooh, so that's why Mr.Singh don't celebrate his birthday right." Rehmaat concluded.

"But than, why are we celebrating Pushpa's engagement ceremony on the day of her grandfather's death?" Rehmaat had an horrified look on her face, while Shakti stilled after listening to this, his face lost its colour as if he knew something dangerous!

"Actually, it's because, it's because of some astrologer whom Mukta aunty believes in. Hell Rana Sa was upset over this fact only, he didn't wanted to celebrate his daughters big day on the day he was supposed to mourn his father's death." Shakti had an blank look in his eyes while explaining it.

Rehmaat knew there was something off with his tone but she decided not to press further as maybe he still was coping up with Manavi's engagement to Viraj.

"Forget about that, you young lady tell me about something. I heard you got control on an untamed Dutch Warmblood? Is that true?" Sakhti asked as his smile returned to his face.

"Yes, Veere you heard right." Rehmaat grinned.

"Are you super spy or something, you know on an underground mission or something?" Sakhti laughed while Rehmaat joined him giggling.

"Nah, it has another reason, why I know stuff like this is a practice going on in my family for generations." Now that perked an interest in Shakti's mind.

"Explain." Shakti asked while settling next to Rehmaat who was already sitting on the swing in the Royal garden.

Yes the same Swing on which she slept afraid of "Bhoot uncle".

"Ok, so I have to start from the ultimate beginning ok." Rehmaat turned her face towards Shakti.

"So you know, Guru Gobind Singh Ji AKA my G.P. was one of the finest warriors of his time and he always liked practising warrior rituals too much. Like sword fighting, horse riding etc. Were his favourite. Under his leadership not only men but women too learnt warriorship proudly." Rehmaat paused before continuing.