Chapter 1

When your feet first hit the ground you knew your life would never be the same. Gone were the soot-covered streets and sleepless nights. While you could still faintly hear the bombs, a permanent reminder of war etched into your head, it was quiet here. Here you could heal from your trauma. Be free from the war. You could be a child again. Everything was going perfectly and it was all thanks to Peter.

He'd found you wandering the streets after another sleepless night. You were sadly observing the wreckage of everything you knew. Storefronts blown to bits. Windows shattered and brick buildings imploded like clay. It was horrible. All you had left was a book tucked under your arm. A book of stories. Peter watched as you led some smaller kids away from the damage, distracting their smaller minds with stories from your book. It didn't stop the tears or sobs but every time you finished a story there were cries for another.

Peter observed you for a while until he'd heard about the trains. Huge freight trains takin children to the countryside to be safe from the destruction of humanity. He had a better place for you.

Peter had shown you magic. He flew around you and introduced you to his shadow. You quite enjoyed Shadow. He was funny and mischievous. Shadow never missed a story which meant Peter was always coming back to you to get his shadow back. It was only after offering you safety and peace did you accept his proposition of joining him in Neverland. The only proof of you left in England was the empty cot in the bomb shelter.