Chapter 8

"What is a darling like you doing here?" His voice was smooth but had something hidden in the words. Something evil.

"What do you want?" You asked, holding out your dagger. From behind your legs, Crow readied his bow, aiming at the man.

"Just to talk? Or is that a crime now? Pan never keeps me up to date on his stupid rules." The man said, stepping closer. Crow shot at him but the breeze blew the arrow off course."What I'm wondering is who might you be? He never brings girls after what happened with Wendy."

There was that name again. Peter had referred to her as someone who picked the hero over the villain and if this pirate knew her you could believe that.

"So who are you?" The man stepped closer, side stepping an arrow aimed for his calf. "You should train those boys better. Shooting at an unarmed man isn't very sportsmanlike."

"You aren't unarmed. You have a sword at your waist." You pointed out, backing up the closer he got.

"I suppose you're right. However I do believe I asked you a question."

"You did. However my name isn't your business. Now leave if this is all you've come for." The forest was right behind you. You could run, weaving between the trees and bushes and lose him. You were sure of it. The pirate chuckled.

"Fine. Run and have your fun... for now. But soon you'll fall to me and see the true colors of Peter Pan." With that ominous statement he turned and disappeared into the forest, leaving you and Crow looking at each other.

"I need to talk to Peter." You murmured, before the both of you darted back towards Peter's base.