Chapter 11

You stared into the fog, wondering who or what was coming closer. Blue Jay and Hawk didn't seem to notice, too caught up in their conversation. So you started walking, prompting them to follow. The three of you trekked through the mud as fast as you could go. However the footsteps behind you were still following.

By the time you finally got to the brook the steps were close. The brook was small, small enough to jump across. It wouldn't stop anyone. Blue Jay and Hawk got to work checking the nets while you kept guard, glaring into the foggy trees.

Something was staring back at you, you were sure of it, but you couldn't tell exactly what or who.

"Alright! We're ready to-" An arrow flew through the air, missing Hawk by an inch. You drew your dagger as another arrow soared through the air.

"We need to get back to the tree line!" You said. Blue Jay grabbed Hawk's hand, jumping the stream and running for the trees with you close behind.

More arrows came but none of them hit their targets. The three of you retreated into the woods, running for a while until Hawk finally fell down. All of you were taking deep breaths and looking around in case any arrows came.

"Where are we? I didn't pay attention to which way we ran?" You asked. Blue Jay shook his head.

"I don't know either. But hopefully somewhere safe." Just as you caught your breath you were grabbed from behind and a sword was pressed against your neck.

"Who are you and why have you come to our lands?"