Chapter 13

A/N: Apologies for the hiatus but I will be continuing updates for this story. School may still get in the way but it's my goal to have this story finished by the end of the school year. Thank you all so much for reading!

The trek back home was just as unpleasant as the walk there. The fog seemed to have thickened and the mud was just as sticky.

"Do you really think Peter would know who that was? He didn't even know Peter's name. He just called him 'the flying one'." Blue Jay asked.

"I dunno. Peter seems to know everybody on the island from the mermaids to the pirates so he must have some idea." Hawk answered, unsticking his shoe with a loud squish.

"He certainly seems like the most likely person to know something." You spoke up. "But what did he mean by 'beware the flying one'?"

Hawk and Blue Jay shrugged, looking at each other. It was quiet for a moment, minus the squish squash of the mud, when a muffled cannon shot was heard.

"We must be nearing the sea. The only cannons are aboard the ship the pirates use. But I could've sworn we were going in the right direction..." Blue Jay muttered.

"Give it up. With fog like this it's impossible not to get turned around. Once we reach the sea we can follow it back to the beach to get home." Hawk said.

The ground was gradually shifting from mud to rock as the roar of the sea got louder and louder. The fog was also starting to thin, showing you the steep cliff in front of you. Down in the water was the pirate ship with a large gash in their flag.

"There you are! How hard is it to check some hunting nets?" The three of you jumped as Peter descended. Immediately the stranger's words played in your head. Beware the flying one.

"Someone was firing arrows at us while we checked the traps and then we ran into someone with a sword who claimed we were on his land." Hawk explained.

"Can you describe him?" Peter asked.

"Yeah. He had long brown hair tied back in a braid, hazel eyes and dark skin." Blue Jay described. Peter grinned.

"Oh. So you met a Neverlander."