3•

"You're what," I ask, truly concerned. What the hell does he mean? I'm black; mama raised me not to play wit the devil. And I'll be damned if I let this nigga force me to do that witchcraft stuff.

"My wicked witch," he repeats. I roll my eyes, not understanding. "My ride or die. My lil shoota. My girl."

"You want to train me to be your girlfriend," I ask, turning fully towards him. "Shouldn't that be because of interest and not cuz you force me to?"

"Ian forcing you to do shit," he says with a chuckle. He places the gun back in my hands. "Youn gotta be wit me on that love shit if Youn want to. I'm finna train you to take shit like you're my girl. Being round me is dangerous, gotta make sure you prepared."

"Then shouldn't I just stay away from you," I retort. "To stay away from danger."

"You tryna say I'm dangerous," he says, looking down at me, dead in the eyes. It's like he's staring into my soul. I don't move a muscle. I can barely blink. "You should. What's 10 times 10?"

"A hunnid," I answer, releasing breath finally.

"That's how many ain't make it home cuzza me." He doesn't say this with pride. He doesn't say this with arrogance of any sort. He says this with regret in his eyes.

"Then just leave," I say.

"That's easy for you to say, pretty girl," he says with a chuckle.  I play with the gun in my hands, examining every crevice. I've never liked guns. All they do is take. Lives. Love. Opportunities. The only thing they give is a cold body- no matter how they're used or who they're used by. Trained or not, they still take. They still cause tears.

"How do you feel safe," I ask, examining the trigger. "Around guns, I mean."

"Ion feel safe no where."

"I know how you feel," I respond, handing him his gun back.

"Nah, keep it. That's yours," he tells me. He starts playing with the settings, and I watch him closely. "It's on safety."

I nod and place it down on the bed.

"Youn feel safe at home?"

"Not really," I respond, now playing with my fingers. He goes to the wall I just shot at and picks the bullet out of it.

"Weak ass gun," he mumbles to himself, throwing the bullet on the bed. Of course, I flinch. "Ain't nobody was gon hit you."

I just stand there, frozen in place. We both know he probably lying to me. With all those people here, I don't think I'm going home alive.

"I gotta break yo ass out of that." He nudges me, and pushes me to sit on the bed. "Awkward and shit."

"My bad," I say, looking up into his eyes.

"Don't be apologizing round here. Shows weakness," he instructs and I just nod my head. "Don't let these niggas get to you. Or else they gon have Wickman to worry about."

I nod again.

"It get wicked round here, Ight? Yo ass can't be scared or nunna that. Leave that for the Ville."

For a second I forgot he knows where I live. It's kind of hard not to be scared when there's guns and gangbangers all over the place. Plus, I'm naturally awkward. He chose the wrong girl.

"Chill in hea, I'm finna go take care of some business." He spreads my knees apart and stands in between them. "When I come back, I want you and that gun to be best friends. You ain't going nowhere without it. Imma teach you how to shoot and shit tomorrow but for now, this yo twin."

He hands me the gun back, and smiles down at me. I take it and he lifts my face with his hands. "Don't be scared of me, Ight? I'm the last person you needa be scared of."

I nod my head, and he releases me. He steps from between my leg and grabs his gun from the dresser, placing it in his pants.

"Scream if you need sum."

He exits and slams the door behind him.

Okay, hold it together Alex. There will be no panic attack today. You're okay. You're alive. Breathe in. Breathe out.

I have the urge to scream at this point. The house that I'm in right now in and of itself has my anxiety spiked. I have a gun in my hands. And this nigga with allegedly 100 bodies, just told me I'm his girl.

It don't matter how fine you are. I'm not finna die behind nobody. But I don't even have a choice. Lord come save me Jesus, please. I pull out my phone and google how to use this gun, not even knowing the difference between it and another gun. I don't know the name. I just know it can kill people. And that's enough to trip me out.

I don't hurt people. I can't hurt people. I hope Nardo doesn't think I'm really gon be his wicked witch. What does he do other than kill people? Sell drugs? Rob banks? Is this a fucking mafia? Why did I have to be picked for this shit? Im too pretty to die.

Follow me: theyallknow_her