30•

Tap in if you ever cried to a Toosii song🥲-

"I'm sorry," the doctor tells me. "I have good news and bad news."

"About what," I ask, curious and lost. Nardo brought me to the hospital, surprisingly. Same hospital too. Same doctor. Same creepy ass officer.

"Your pregnancy," he answers and my eyes instantly go wide. I'm what?!

"You said what," Nardo says, standing up.

"She's pregnant."

"But how? She took a plan b," he says, shaking his head.

"Well it didn't work. He here."

"He? You can tell the gender," I ask thinking of how early it would be to know. I don't have any bump so I don't think it's been long enough.

He looks at his hands and makes a face.

"Just making a guess based off of what i see."

I give him a curious eye and then look back at nardo who is grinning to himself now. I know he ain't over here happy about this. I'm not raising my child around this. Next thing you know he gon be 15 with a gun in school and kill his dad over some shit. We're not doing that.

"Why you so happy," I ask with an attitude. There ain't nothing to be happy about.

"Cuz you having my spawn," he says. Of satan.

"Theres nothing to be happy about," I argue as the doctor leaves. "I am not raising my child with you and them perc popping, bodies dropping, head knocking Niggas you be around."

"Youn got no choice," he says with an evil chuckle. Who the hell does he think he is? My daddy? Got me messed up.

"Oh and why is that?"

"Cuz," he says pulling his gun out of his pocket. "You fa me."

I look at the gun.

If I'm so badass then this shit shouldn't scare me.

And if he loved me so much he wouldn't be doing this shit.

I laugh out loud and pull the gun out his hand.

"You mad funny folks," I respond and he stares at me shocked. "Put yo kiddy ass toy away before the doctor come in here wit that Barney looking nigga."

He just stares at me. I pull him to me by his belt loop and place the gun back in his pants. The doctor returns and stares at Nardo.

"What happened," he questions, as Nardo silently stares at me in confusion.

"I don't know," I respond. I thought I was a killer like he said? Why is he so shocked? Was I scared of him before? Something's wrong here.

"Well, I have to stick this needle where you were shot to ensure it healed correctly. You ready?" I gulp away he edges near the wound. I stare at Nardo who is still astonished. I punch him in his lower stomach and he snaps out of whatever trance I had him in.

"Hold my hand. I know this shit finna hurt," I tell him, already feeling the pain and the doctor isn't even holding the needle yet. He grabs my hand and does as he's told.

I'm surprised because he doesn't seem like the type to let a girl have control. But I am carrying his child. Maybe it's just out of respect. Because I know he would've did something back by now.

He finally places the needle in and I hear gun shots.

But not in real life, in my head. I see an image of me running away from a car and a bullet. It's like I got shot all over again in my leg, I feel all the pain. I yell out.

Another image pops up of a girl, a very beautiful girl standing over me. And then I pop back into reality.

"What happened," the doctor questions.

"I-I don't know. It was like I got shot all over again and I saw myself running from a guy-"

"Your memory is coming back. I'm going to get officer gates so you can explain what the guy looked like-"

"I don't remember what he looked like," I say truthfully. I just remember the car. And the gun. And hearing a males voice.

"Maybe describe the car," he states and I looked at him.

"I didn't say anything about a car."

"Well I-" he stops himself and just stays quiet.

"Fuck you ain't telling us," Nardo says, grabbing him by his collar.

"N-nothing," the doctor responds.

"Don't bring that bitch ass officer in here or imma shoot yo ass," Nardo threatens. "Clean ha up and let us go. Or you gon be just like the nigga that shot her."

Chris shot me. Chris is dead. Doctor Taurus ain't do nothing.

"Nardo, chill."

"Fuck up," he sasses back. Oh he a lil sassy one.

"You, you bird built bitch," I respond and he looks at me like he wants to bite my head off. I like to see his ass try.

"You brave," he says nodding, releasing the doctor .

"You an asswhole," I start. I'm finna go off. "You got ME pregnant. I have to carry this baby, not your skinny Dynomite built ass. You let ME get kidnapped and now ion remember shit. You lucky I'm injured and pregnant, cuz I would beat the fuck out of you."

"Baby-"

"Fuck up! Now I gotta raise this child around all violence and death. There's only so much a mother can do and you won't be a good father by the way you're disrespecting me. Is that the shit you want your daughter to see? You want her to think it's okay to be disrespected because her daddy did it?"

He just stares at me, and I know I hit a nerve.

"Think about your son. You want him to be anything like you? I sure don't, and if it was my choice, I wouldn't want anything to do with you. My husband would be the perfect example of who I want my son to be. If my son began to be like you, I'd think I failed as a mother. Get your shit together, Nardo. For your child. Our child."

"I don't know how," he whispers.

"We'll learn, together," I respond, I'm placing my hand on his chest. He places his hand on my stomach and rubs it.

"There's a baby in there," he chuckles.

"Yeah there is," I say laughing. The door swings open.

"Horace Bernard Walls you are under arrest for the murder of officer Jeanne Kelly!"