44•

When life brings you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray." - JB

Ik, it's been forever but I'm back🌚😁

"Negro," I tell nardo as I smack his hand away from my butt. We're grocery shopping so I can cook for the gang. I've never done that before and I can't cook much, but I can bake chicken, make rice and macaroni- them niggas eat anything anyway. I mean look at they girlfriends.

"I can touch what I fixed," he responds, smacking my ass again. I roll my eyes.

"You tryna say my ass flat," I fold my arms and give him a mug.

"It was. Flatter than the wall, on God." He laughs his ass off, and I smack his ass. He pushes me quickly and fights the urge to flash out.

"You see, that's how I feel," I joke, seeing him act so bothered and uncomfortable. I smile, accomplished. "So keep ya hands off it, or we can go tit for tat. You razzle, imma dazzle."

He just stays behind me and stares forward. I hit a nerve for real. I giggle and pick up the cold chicken, placing it in the basket.

"Go in front of me bae," I snicker. He glares at me. I shake my head and keep walking. I grab cheese, milk, seasonings, rice and the macaroni boxes.

"We can make macaroni noises," he jokes, finally out of his trance.

"Mhmm, while I clap from the back."

He smacks his teeth and I burst out laughing.

"Mane stop fucking wit me like ion got that dog in me," he says, rolling his eyes. He ate that. Okay, period ahh. Period uhhh.

"You sho do got that bitch in you," I respond and he grabs me by my neck and gets in my face.

"Say something else," he says, edging his face closer to mine. He tries to scare me, but he really not like that when it comes to me. He ain't gon do shit.

"Something else," I joke and he squeezes tighter on my neck to a point where it feels like I'm choking. I smack his hands, gasping for air. "I- can't b-breathe."

"Shut up George," he tells me and my eyes go wider. That wasn't even a funny joke and I really feel like I'm about to pass out.

"The baby idiot," I'm able to scream before he quickly releases me and looks down at his hands. I grab the basket and walk quickly to the register. I get out my wallet with the money Nardo always gets me and check out not even seeing if he's behind me. I walk to the car, put the bags in and get in the passenger seat and stare. I would leave him here but he has the keys.

I let a few tears fall as I see the red bruises on my neck forming. Bro, he really could have killed me of put me in the hospital. He could have harmed my baby.

He comes into the car, I hear him. I don't look I just stare out the window. He places something in my lap. I don't look down, I just keep my eyes forward.

"Baby," he says, in a light, soft voice. "Can you look at me?"

I look forward. I don't want to. I want to run. I want to be as far away from this man as I possibly can be. But I'll stay. Like the dumb bitch I am.

"Look what I got you mama," he says, grabbing whatever he placed in my lap and opening up the bag. "You love strawberry stuff huh? I got you them cake pops I saw you staring at."

I don't answer. You almost kill me and try to repay me with cake. Fuck you nigga, for real. When you die I'm smoking yo pack.

"Alex, my bad Ight? Just lost my head for a second," he 'apologizes'. That's not even an apology, at fucking all. It wasn't none of this nonchalant shit when he was in jail crying and shit yapping bout how you love me. Niggas don't hurt the ones they love. That just ain't love.

"Ma," he says, coming to touch me. I pull away, not even glancing at him. "Now you gon talk to nie. You know ion play that ignoring shit."

You can't ignore the dead, and you should be as good as dead to me mane. It should be fuck you times every nigga you done killed in front of me. I can't even count your bodies on one hand. Yet that's my baby daddy.

"Aye, you know you hear me!"

"Do it again Nardo," I say finally facing him. "Choke me again! Almost kill me again! Almost kill your son again! Matter of fact, nigga do it. Save us both some fucking misery!"

I lay back in my seat and stare forward, letting my leg shake at bull speed. I shrink down and let another tear fall.

"I'm sorry," is all he says before we drive off in silence. I end up falling asleep on the way back.

I wake up in bed, next to a pile of roses and candy. I roll my eyes and throw them on the floor. I grab a cake pop and eat it as I check the time on my phone. It's only been 2 hours and I need to start cooking. I brush my teeth, change into some of Nardo's pajama pants and a black spaghetti strapped crop top.

I turn on music and blast my mix of Kiana Ledé and Kehlani's songs. I would go gay for the both of them really.

"Now you feelin' guilty, that's your conscience.
Can't you tell a bitch is fed up with your nonsense? Thought we made a pact, so why you fuckin' with your promise," I sing as I put the chicken defrosting. "If I walk away from you then boy you better be cautious. No more second chances, chances."

I pull out a gallon of ice cream and start to eat it right where I am. "I can't give him no more chances, so I'd rather walk away. It'd be wrong for me to stay, cuz that means you got your way."

"You better sing," I hear my best friend sing from behind me. I giggle.

"Now I'm cryin' while I'm drivin' with your smile in my head. You just sent a paragraph and I left you on read. 'Cause I know your motives and I'm twenty steps ahead. So why would I respond when I could troll your ass instead," I continue to sing.

"I thought you couldn't come here anymore?"

"He tryna make you forgive him," he responds.

"Not surprised."

"Why you deal with this shit thug? Just leave. I'll run witchu."

"You'll get killed, first of all," I start. "And so will I."

He hugs me from behind and I let him. He's kinda like my safe place.

"Okay? I'd rather die than have you get slapped in the middle of the store."

"I didn't get slapped," I tell him. He looks at me confused.

"Wick said-"

"He choked me. You see my neck. I almost passed out."

"Imma kill that bastard."

I love kiana Ledé and Kehlani😂 literally my whole playlists is their music. Also, the song was Second Chances by Kiana Ledé and 6lack.