32•

A/n: so I'll only be updating on weekends sad of right now. I'll try to do it during the week but I do have schooolllll. I hope y'all understand🫶🏽🫶🏽

Tap in if y'all watch them murder documentaries all the time like me😭

———//

They didn't let me see him.

They told me he was sent to prison.

They put me in a jail cell.

And let me cry all night.

They didn't let me call anybody.

They left me here alone.

And I can't sleep.

At all.

"Pssst," I hear from the cell beside me. I look over and it's a black boy with dreads. He looks at me and I see his face and neck is covered in tattoos. He has a beautiful elephant tattoo on his neck. I wonder who did it. I wonder what it means.

"Hey," I whisper, trying not to wake anybody else up. He smiles at me and I return it.

"Can you spare me like 5 dollars, I'm hungry," he asks me.

"Nigga does it look like she got money," another dude in the same cell says.

"Nigga, shut up. Nobody asked you shit," he responds.

"Boy sit yo honeyboo-boo looking ass down fo I rock yo shit," the other dude says standing up.

"Stokeley sit down, you do not want nun to happen to you," elephant says back, squaring up.

"His name is what," I say, letting out a laugh. Let me shut up before I get punched.

"Girl, shut your Ursula looking ass up. Medusa head ass," Stokeley says, coming more into my view. He's almost the same as elephant, with face tats and all. Just has a chubbier face.

"Boy," I say, laughing. I can't joce for shit but imma laugh with you.

"Anyway, why you in here," one of the dudes ask.

"You go first," I say, trying to think. I honestly don't know why I'm in here. I'm obviously not wanted for murder or anything. They're keeping me here for no reason. And against my will.

"Drugs obviously," they say and chuckle. Yeah, obviously. That's all dudes seem to do now days. Sell or take drugs. But what else we supposed to do when that's all society expects us to do anyway?

My stomach begins to hurt a little.

I forgot I'm pregnant.

"You okay," one of them asks. I think it was the elephant.

"I'm pregnant," I respond, holding my abdomen. Having a baby hurts. This shit hurts. Don't have sex, guys.

I don't even remember the sex. I don't even remember if it was good. Shit, i don't even know if Nardo is really the baby daddy. Y'all, I got a baby daddy. Shit crazy.

I'm out here pregnant, for real.

Lord.

"Damn, you small to be pregnant. Baby gon weigh more than you," Stokeley jokes and I roll my eyes.

What if he's right? What if the baby make me fall cuz it's so heavy? Them bellies be looking too big fa me. Lord why I open my legs? I shoulda used protection. I should shoot Nardo my damn self. I should be his biggest opp. That is if he the daddy.

Lord, I sound like a whore.

I don't even know who I am.

"I'm Jahsey by the way," the other dude says, smiling gently. I smile back at him. He's so sweet.

"So who the daddy," Stokeley blurts out.

Jahsey smacks him behind his head and they start slap boxing.

"Or Youn know?"

"Nigga," Jahsey semi-yells. That's when we hear footsteps.

"You negros need to go to bed. I swear black folk always so damn loud. Shoulda kept y'all on them damn plantation then there wouldn't be so many of y'all in here bothering me," an older police man says.

"I know the not," I say out loud. He is not finna disrespect me. Not today satan. Not today.

"Calm yo pregnant ass down. They ain't gon do shit about him saying that."

"He's white, Stokeley."

"So was Ted Bundy and all them other murderers," he says, gripping on the bar of the cell. "Reason why they got more black people in jail is because they don't pay attention to the white ones. Truth is, they be the craziest ones."

"Nigga on that gas," Jahsey laughs, falling off his cot. "High as a motherfucking kite!"

"Shut up Nigga, gon bring old Johnny back over here and make us pick cotton."

"Nigga what you took? And how the fuck they ain't trace it yet," Jahsey asks, standing up now.

They seem mighty calm here in jail. I guess because it's just jail, and not a serious prison. Either way, they act as if they've been here and it's home. Must be normal.

"Yo, y'all wanna break out this shit," Stokeley suggests, staring at the lock. Oh, he high high.

"Nigga why you ain't share that good shit bruh," Jahsey jokes, smacking him on his back.

"Get yo friend, Jah," I say, leaning back on this uncomfortable ass cot. Stiff ass pillows. "I'm going to sleep."

"Ight, friend," I hear Stokeley say.

"Aye, what's yo name tho."

"Alex," I respond, closing my eyes. "I think."

I drift off to sleep. I hope I'm dreaming.

I see a body. It looks alive. I look around and see familiar faces. Durk and Von. Holding a gun. The man on the ground is next to a grave.

I shake in bed and wince, like pain strikes my vagina.

He's on top of me, giving me soft gentle strokes. The eye contact is intense. He releases as I release. He is Nardo.

I turn over, trying to find a comfortable space and try to tap back into that dream, but I can't.

"I saved your life, I own it now," nardo tells me as we sit in the car. I look out the window and see a familiar place. My mother lives there.

My head aches as the scene changes. It's too much for my brain.

I sit in the same car I was when I was with Nardo. I look behind me and it's two boys. Suddenly, I see one of them dead on the ground, covered in blood. A tear rolls down my eye.

There's a young boy, holding me for dear life. I rest my arms around him like I'm his safety. And then he just disappears out of no where and I'm back at the grave yard. Standing in front of the body. And behind me is Durk and Von.

I realize that these are not dreams, but just my memories. And slowly, I put the pieces back together. I think I know who I am. I just don't know who they all are. Yet.

"Alexandra, wake up. You made bail."

"Who bailed me out," I ask, sitting up and stretching.

"Your brother."

Brother?