47

The irony is that the actual story starts from the moment we think that everything has ended.
-Aaliya Mallick

Who watched the new back panther😭😭

Rip Scarr🕊️🕊️

"Damn," Nardo says, rushing me back into the room. He kisses my head and pushes me into the bathroom. He moves a carpet that I thought was permanently there and there's an underground spot. Of course there is. "I'll be back, I needa go get something."

"Baby let me go get it, they're here for you," I say, refusing to go down.

"Alexandra-"

"Horace."

"Get yo high yellow ass down there before I kill you," he threatens and I obey because there's no point in arguing anymore. "Close this. I'll be back in a few."

"Nardo," I say before he leaves.

"Yes?"

"I love you," I say. "I really do."

"I love you. More than anything in this world."

"More than money?"

"You're pushing it," he jokes. I gasp but let out a chuckle. "More than that too. I gotta go before they come in here."

"Be careful."

"Bees ain't careful, they sting," he yells as he pushes the top down. I roll my eyes at the corny joke he just made.

I sit quietly as my heart races. What if he doesn't come back? I mean I should be happy about that. But whose gonna be my sons father? Who gon take care of me? My brother took over my room at home. Nardo quit my job. I don't have anything. I fell off with my homies. Well, Vroy alien ass. Nigga ain't even apologize. He can kiss my hairy ass.

I'm thinking about my life. And I think I do actually love Nardo. I sound like Chrisean. Oh hell no. But it's the truth. If I lose him, what nigga imma have? I mean come on. I'm pregnant with the child of a gangbanger. Ian never gon leave this nigga and I know this. I know he loves me. I used to say that you can never physically hurt someone you love, but I be wanting to beat the fuck out my mama, so I know it's a lie.

He's killed for me.

He would die for me.

And he'd probably kill me if I tried to leave but that's besides the point.

The top lifts and I hold my breath. It's dusty as hell in here and not a lot of room. There's a small spot with a large box of stuff in the corner but this room is made for a maximum of two people. Nardo's Jordan's become visible and I sigh in relief. I notice a dripping wound on his head, a cut right above his eyebrow.

"What happened?"

"Jakes wasn't here for me, but the niggas they was here for broke up in here. Cops caught them but the told them I was here. They searching this bitch bad," he explains.

"Is there a first aid-"

"In that box. Be careful, ain't nothing but guns in there," he tells me. I nod and go into the box. He's right. He's got a bunch of guns in here, and bullets, and food and -finally the first aid kit.

"What was so important you had to go back for,"I ask him as I clean his cut. I apply alcohol to a cotton swap and whips it, and the blood on his face.

"You'll find out soon," he bluntly responds.

"Youn never tell me shit," I sass and he smacks my ass so hard I think Nicki Minaj felt it.

"That's fa calling me horace earlier," he retorts with a smirk.