Chapter 1

Author's Note

Ahhh... yes... here we are with Dream's perspective. Enjoy!

                                                                                                                       - Adelle

Editor's note

ChApTeR oNe, LeS gO-

                                                                                                                        ~ Valery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Where is she?!' Dream thought worriedly. 'She said she'd be here five minutes ago... She's never been late before... Why am I so worried?' He was staring off into space, pondering on these thoughts when one of the doors was opened. 

"Hey! Sorry I'm late. I ran into a few people on the way here." Y/n apologized as she entered the room. 

'People who took you away from me.' "Oh! Haha, no worries, I'm just glad you're here..." Dream replied with faked cheerfulness. 'Oh, heaven above... She looks so beautiful today...' 

Y/n sat down on a beanbag, then turned to face Dream with a wide smile. "Shall we continue where we left off yesterday?" She asked in her celestial voice. 

"We shall." Dream replied playfully. Y/n lifted the book they had started together and she began to read.

The book was called 'The Screwtape Letters'. It was a very thought provoking book and Dream and Y/n always had deep conversations about the letters. The book was from the perspective of a demon, who was coaching another demon on how to tempt a subject. Y/n had suggested they start a book so they could get to know each other better a few years ago. Dream had laughed and cried with her over the books they read. At first the meetings were weekly, now they were daily.

Dream found himself looking forward to, craving their meetings. Y/n would read to him while he watched and listened to her. He took this time to study her. Her gorgeous e/c eyes, her silky h/c hair, the way how her outfit complimented her body shape perfectly. Truly, she was perfect. She was who he wanted.

Y/n had offered to help him find a girlfriend, but he wanted the best... But how could he have the best if the best was already taken? 'If only he didn't exist, she'd be mine.'

 Y/n was reading a letter about honesty and how truth can be twisted. When she ended the letter, she sighed and smiled. "This book is so wise!" She laughed.

Dream laughed, then said, "It really is. I think it's really important to recognize how easily truth can be altered to suit our desires." 

"Yes!" She exclaimed, turning to face him excitedly. Dream loved it when she did this. She always got excited when she had something she really wanted to say, and it was adorable. "I mean, our mind is sometimes our biggest enemy! Like, if you really want a chocolate bar, your mind will try to twist everything so you feel justified in your actions!" She explained excitedly.