Chapter 33

Author's Note

this chapter was too hard to write 😀 but yay :)

                                                                                                                                         - Adelle

Editor's note

This is basically the last chapter. Enjoy, my darlings! Mwah!

                                                                                                                                        ~ Valery

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You froze. 

Nightmare stood before you, looking just as handsome as the first day you saw him in his natural form. He was staring at you, tears welling in his eyes. You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out. 

Was this real?

The children ran over to him, screaming happily and hugged his legs. He knelt down to them and hugged them close, kissing their heads over and over again. He began crying and looked up at you. The look in his eyes and the smile on his face caused you to start crying and you rushed over to join the hug. The hug itself was kind of awkward, one arm was around Nightmare and the other around Vince, your hand brushing Vivian's arm. Despite the awkward position you were in, that hug evoked some of the most powerful emotions you had ever felt.

You sobbed as you held your family close and turned to kiss Nightmare over and over again across his cheeks and head. He smiled and cried as you messily kissed him and released the children to take you by the neck and face and kiss you deeply. You melted into his touch and kissed him back and, as he pulled away, you looked at each other with all the love in the world. 

"Where have you been, Dad?" Vince asked.

Nightmare flinched. "I'll tell you once we go see the others. I'm sure you miss them."

Both Vince and Vivian nodded and ran to the other skeletons. The skeletons surrounded the children in another group hug, even Error, making you smile. Dusk joined them and he and Cherry smothered the children with big hugs. Dusk and Cherry then hugged each other tightly, crying into each other.

You stood up and hugged Nightmare again, still crying a little. You buried your face in his shoulder and heard him say quietly, "I love you." 

You looked back up at him and kissed him again. "I love you too." 

You continued to gaze lovingly at Nightmare and noticed his eyes shift elsewhere. 

You turned to see Dream holding his arms tightly, trembling as if he was freezing. Tears rolled slowly down his cheeks as he stared at Nightmare and the other skeletons, his eyes switching shakily between each.