Chapter 23

Author's Note

Howdy! Please enjoy

                                                                                                                             - Adelle

Editor's note

Ohoho, I'm gonna enjoy this! Also, this here is the shortest chapter! InTeReStInG

                                                                                                                             Valery

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vivian stared blankly at Shattered for a moment. "But I already have a daddy." 

Shattered's eyes flashed dangerously, before he smiled sweetly at the girl. "Look around you, sweetie. Can your daddy give you this?

Vivian looked around at the paradise so temptingly displayed before her. Vince then approached Shattered and asked happily, "Where's manny and nanny?"

Vivian nodded then said, "Yeah, the adventure isn't right without them."

Shattered stared, slightly confused, at the two for a moment. "My brave adventurers, there's a whole world around you to explore! Would you prefer a jungle? A beach? Say the word and I'll give it to you, just forget about your nannies and the others. Come with me and be happy."

Shattered raised his arms and the room around them shifted. First to a colorful wonderland filled with dragons and mystical monsters. Then to the clouds, where they stood upon a rainbow. Finally, to the stars, where they looked from the moon to their home miles away from them. The twins gawked and wondered at the sights displayed before them.

Shattered gestured to them. "Stay with me and be free."

Vince beamed and immediately ran to take Shattered's outstretched hand. Vivian paused uncertainly. 

Vince turned to her, then asked sweetly, "Aren't you coming?" 

Vivian shifted her gaze between the two figures before her while nervously tugging at the end of her shirt. 

"What's wrong, sweetheart?

Vivian pursed her lips. "Why can't we share these things with our family?"

Shattered's hand twitched. He sighed. "Nothing's free, sweetie. Isn't your eternal happiness worth a few loved ones? You'll still have me and your mother. Just give them up, then you'll never have to give anything else up ever again.

Vivian looked at Shattered, clearly thinking very hard. Dream watched fervently, silently blessing Vivian in his head.