Chapter 28

Author's Note

Ohhh wasn't last chapter just lovely? Ahhh. Now let's see Shattered's reaction 😈 Enjoy!

                                                                                                                                  - Adelle

Editor's note

Okay, ne'ermind, THIS is the shortest chapter. Enjoy! Mwah!

                                                                                                                                 ~ Valery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shattered was up all night, planning. Dream tried to stay awake, but soon fell asleep. Watching Shattered plot honestly wasn't very eventful. Shattered would pace around, occasionally mutter to himself, sit down only to stand back up and begin pacing again, and fidget with his tentacles. 

Somewhere near 9 am, Shattered called for a Nightmare Papyrus. One entered with the grace of a dancer from the shadows. "You! I want you to keep a close eye on Y/n and my children, give me hourly reports. Understood?" The Papyrus bowed obsequiously and returned to the shadows. 

Shattered exhaled loudly and fell onto the bed. He called for another Papyrus to bring him breakfast and something filled with caffeine. He began eating when the first Papyrus he called for entered from the shadows again. 

Shattered turned to him curiously. "You returned quickly. It hasn't been an hour already has it?

The Papyrus fidgeted nervously. "NO, MY LORD, IT HASN'T BEEN AN HOUR YET."

Shattered frowned. "Then why are you here? Has something so eventful happened it need my immediate attention?"

The Papyrus faltered. 

Shattered shot up from the bed, knocking his breakfast over, his eyes flaring with magic. "What. Happened.

The Papyrus cringed. "THEY DIDN'T COME OUT TO EAT THEIR BREAKFAST, SO I CHECKED ON Y/N AND THE KIDS BUT..."

Shattered stepped towards the Papyrus. "But what?" Shattered looked ready to kill. 

"THEY WERE GONE." 

Shattered's eye lights disappeared and a deadly silence filled the room. 

"W h a t.

"THEY MADE A MAKESHIFT ROPE AND ESCAPED THROUGH THE WINDOW." 

Shattered stared at nothing for a time, then slowly turned around and walked to the window. He exhaled shakily. The Papyrus seemed uncertain whether to continue or to leave.

Then he screamed.

Shattered let out a bloodcurdling scream. His tentacles flew around the room and he tore the room apart. Shattered's entire body flamed with yellow magic, occasional flickers of purple flaring outward. Shattered turned to the bed and threw it out the window. He turned to the Papyrus, who was on his knees, trembling terribly. Something must've hit the Papyrus, knocking him down. Shattered snaked a tentacle around the Papyrus's neck and he lifted him off the ground.

"HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!" 

The Papyrus choked weakly, grasping at the tentacle around his neck. 

Shattered threw the Papyrus to the ground. "TELL ME!!" 

The Papyrus massaged his neck gently. "I... I Don't Know... No One Saw Them, But," The Papyrus cleared his throat. "WE FOUND FAINT TRAILS IN THE FOREST HEADING TOWARDS HER OLD VILLAGE. WE THINK SHE RETURNED HOME."

Shattered's eyes sparked at the word "home". Shattered shot his tentacles out and raised the Papyrus of the ground, forcing the Papyrus to look into his eyes. "This is her home." 

Shattered then threw the Papyrus out the window. 

Shattered snapped and multiple Papyruses stepped from the shadows. Dusk stepped before him. Shattered slapped him.

"Prepare the Papyruses. We're going on a vacation."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Yeah, short I know, but it's getting good y'all. Thanks for reading!

                                                                                                                                     - Adelle

Editor's note

So short, but, intense~ Y'all are the best! Mwah!

                                                                                                                                     ~ Valery