Chapter 24

Author's Note

Hohoho this is a good chapter. Enjoy!

                                                                                                                                       - Adelle

Editor's note

                                                                                                                                       ~ Valery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shattered vanished, leaving you alone. You sat stunned on the bed, silent tears streaming down your face, shock and adrenaline still pumping through your veins. You began to cry and gently massaged your arms. Shattered had hurt you when he threw you onto the bed. 

What was happening?

How could your first vacation result in such a nightmare? You finally relax only to come home to your dead family and soon dead husband. Now a psychopathic demon was haunting you and your children. What did he want with you?? He was manipulating you and demanding that you love him. How could you love such a monster?

You took a pillow and began to cry into it. You cried for a good while until you felt a little better. As better as you could feel. You felt as if your soul was shaken for forever. You gently hugged the pillow and took deep breaths. 

At least the children were safe.

As long as you had the children you could make it through this. You had to. For them. For Nightmare. For everyone.

You glanced towards the closet filled with their bodies frozen as statues. You shivered, but felt a deep numbness within you rather than sorrow. You sighed and laid down, cuddling the pillow for some semblance of comfort. How were things going to be after this? Shattered couldn't threaten to hurt the others, but he could threaten the children. But even he wouldn't do something like that... right?

You decided to not think about that. Shattered insisted that you love him, but you could never love a monster like him.

So what were you left to do?

What could you do?

You gripped the pillow tighter. What options did you have? You had no one other than your children to reach out to... unless you ran back to your old town. You immediately shot up into a sitting position. Yes!! You could take the children and go back to your town! You could go to the baker, he had been like family to you, and he'd love to meet the children you were sure. You felt your soul fill with hope.

You began to fidget with the end of the pillow and began to plan out loud. "Yes yes yes, I can ask to sleep with the children, we'll pack a small bag and flee in the night! When we leave, wait..." Dread filled your heart as you remembered the corrupted Nightmare Papyruses throughout the castle... and the wolves in the woods. How would you avoid the Papyruses? Were the wolves still a threat?