Chapter 30

Author's Note

WOOOOO exciting chapter, oh and ⚠️WARNING⚠️ there may be some slightly triggering content in this chapter. I hope y'all enjoy

                                                                                                                               - Adelle

Editor's note

Oh no- This chapter- oH nO-

                                                                                                                               ~ Valery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hide."

You shot out of your bed. "What?" 

"They're looking for you. You need to run, quick! Go out the back door! Take this!" Smee shoved a heavy metal bread roller into your hand and roughly lead you to the back door. 

"What do you mean? Is he here? What's happening? Are the children safe??"

Smee opened the door and pushed you out. "He's here! You need to run right now!! I'll find the kids! Now GO!!" He slammed the door, and you wasted no time.

You clutched the roller tightly and began to run towards the forest. You glanced behind you and saw Papyruses, so so many Papyruses. You hid behind a tree and saw the Papyruses forcing the villagers to the middle of the village.

Your heart was beating fast and adrenaline raced through you when you saw Smee kicking and flailing at the Papyruses, and you saw your children roughly being taken away. Your grip on the roller tightened and you knew you had to do something, anything. 

What if they hurt the children?? Shattered clearly had lost all control. You debated about what you should do. When you saw a Papyrus hit a rebelling villager to the ground, instinct kicked in.

You ran straight for the Papyrus who had hurt the villager and, when you saw the blood on the street, you lost all control. You hit the Papyrus over the head as hard as you could. You heard a sharp crack and the Papyrus fell to the ground. You looked to the injured villager and yelled at them to run. They did, but soon six other Papyruses were upon you. They tried to restrain and grab you, but never attacked you.

After years with the skeletons, they had trained you to defend yourself. You had spent hours training with them and the Nightmare Papyruses. You soon gathered that they weren't trying to hurt you, just capture you. Knowing this, it became easier to dodge and attack. But more and more Papyruses kept coming and the adrenaline rush was beginning to fade. Soon, you were overwhelmed. The Papyruses had begun attacking, not to kill, but to disable.

They never succeeded, but their hits would definitely leave dark bruises, and they began to slow you down. Sweat beaded on your forehead and it started becoming difficult to breathe, but you pushed on.