Chapter 16

Author's Note

Howdy! I hope you enjoy the chapter!

                                                                                                                        - Adelle

Editor's note

Oh fudge, let's go. Half way done with the book.

                                                                                                                       ~ Valery

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shattered stood there for a long moment, scythe in hand, a body on the floor. He let out a shaky breath, then allowed his weapon to dissipate. 

It was done. 

He did it. 

Well, almost. 

He was so close to all he had been working for over the last few excruciating years. Shattered immediately ordered the Nightmare Papyruses to clean up the ballroom, and he quickly reviewed the castle.

When they arrive, he'd greet them, then, however they reacted, no matter what, it would end with him fighting Nightmare and Y/n fleeing with the kids. So, preparing for this, he prepared Dusk so he would lead them straight into his hands. He had executed the first part of his plan; he would not fail now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vince! Vivian! Do you have your suitcases all packed?" 

Your kids nodded their affirmations, and the Nightmare Papyruses loaded their luggage into their carriage. You felt Nightmare take your hand, and you turned to receive a kiss on your forehead. 

"It's too bad we can't stay longer." He sighed. 

You smiled, "It's a good thing Dream made us come, hm?" 

"Mhm."

When you had finished packing, you gathered Vince and Vivian, then began the journey home. Vince and Vivian chatted happily with the driving Nightmare Papyruses while you and Nightmare simply adored their adorable conversations. Nightmare wrapped his arm around your shoulders, and you cuddled close to him.

"We should do this more often. Maybe even send the others on their own vacations."

You smiled at the idea, then replied, "That sounds like a lovely idea." 

You traveled in silence for a while before you began to fall asleep on your husband's shoulder.