Chapter 11

Author's Note

Sorry it took so long to update! Getting used to school and everything, plus our cousin's marriage!! So cute. Enjoy!

                                                                                                                         - Adelle

Editor's note 

That was a fun wedding! I wore a very fancy dress and everyone thought I was a bridesmaid. Twas fun!

Anyway, enjoy! Mwah!

                                                                                                                        ~ Valery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream slept fitfully on the hard ground of the dome. He awoke to a mind numbing pain in his stomach. He turned to lay on his side, clutching his midriff in agony. Dream looked up to the screen, tears in his eyes, to see Blue standing above Shattered along with an infuriated Horror and Error. Shattered teleported to the side and examined the scene before him.

Blue had gathered the other skeletons and they now stood before him, weapons held ready. Cherry had tears streaming down his face. Error stared at Shattered with a terrifyingly emotionless expression. Cross and Blue both wore looks of pure determination, while Horror and Dust had burning looks of hatred and bloodlust flaming in their eyes. Shattered glared at them, then shrunk into the shadows.

The others looked around anxiously and Dream watched numbly, the pain slowly disappearing. Why did it seem like Dream suffered the physical wounds for Shattered? Someone had to be healing him with how fast the pain subsided. Dream watched as Shattered crept up the walls to the ceiling. Shattered watched in amusement as the skeletons backed against a wall, holding their weapons ready.

Shattered expanded as a shadow so he layered the room's ceiling. Dream closed his eyes and waited for the screams of his closest friends to begin. Shattered launched himself from the ceiling and enveloped the group of paranoid and heartbroken skeletons. They let out shouts and yelps, but were quickly silenced and bound with the night. Shattered then teleported to the ballroom and released the skeletons.

He then stood before them, his weight shifted onto his left leg, a lazy grin decorated his features, but sharp and calculating eyes watched the group. Blue charged forward and the others teleported to the sides to surround him. 

Shattered dodged the attacks aimed at him effortlessly, then said casually between strides and ducks, "This won't do."

Blue growled and unleashed a cascade of bones at Shattered. "SHUT. UP." Blue seethed through clenched teeth. 

Shattered smirked amusedly, then allowed an attack from Cross to hit him. Dream grunted in pain, but continued to stare at the dome's floor, doing his best to tune out the noises. There was nothing he could do. Shattered then vaporized and appeared next to an unsuspecting Cross.